- Critically evaluate two external analysis models and choose one based on its merits and fit to USL’s business: Global Business Strategy Report, UOK, UK
- EGA366 Your task for this coursework is to code this process and simulate the robot using the Matlab scripts taught: Coursework-CW2, MATLAB Report, SU, UK
- BMG862 CRN’s Conduct an environmental audit of the company and assess the company’s readiness: Business strategy Report, UOS, UK
- BMG862 CRN’s: Develop a new marketing strategy and detailed marketing plan which must consider the earlier environmental: Business strategy Report, UOS, UK
- Conduct an environmental audit of the company’s UK market sector and assess its overall competitiveness in the market): Business strategy Report, HWU, UK
- Explore how IT infrastructure meets the needs of organizations and their stakeholders: ITs Report, UO, UK
- BUSN9410 provide an assessment of (a) the people management problem(s); (b) the effect the people management problem: Strategic People Management Report, UOK, UK
- 100150 Before the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services can be selected, sized to meet building loads: Building services and sustainability Report, UOS, UK
- SG7003 prepare an essay that covers what you have learnt from your research and analysis while investigating: Business Simulation with Professional Development Report, UEL, UK
- (MK7040-R: Task- Students are required to produce a report (LO8/LO7) on the following case: Marketing in a Digital Age and Corporate Social Responsibility Report, UOL, UK
- MAR039-6 For one business from the live projects list create a digital marketing plan to help the company improve their online presence: Marketing and the Digital Future Report, UOB, UK
- MAR039-6 Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding: Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the theoretical underpinnings: Marketing and the Digital Future Report, UOB, UK
- ACCM4300: You are required to prepare a business letter to answer key accounting issues in regard to an acquisition analysis: Financial Reporting Report, KBS, UK
- Apply the knowledge of assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing interventions required for individuals: Complex Care Needs Report, QUB, UK
- MOD003345: Your Manager asked you to create a report for the Board of Directors at your selected organization. This report must critically: Operational and Project Management Report, ARU, UK
- Efficiency is one of the top order priorities in the engineering and manufacturing sector. Efficient and innovative: Engineering Project Report, UoM, UK
- TLH339: A critical understanding of the main theories and principles surrounding the management of service quality: Service Quality Report, US, UK
- Critically analyze the concept of well-being at work in the context of work, the workplace, and the changing working environment: Strategic Employment Relations Report, UoM, UK
- In the MSc programs, we train you to become independent researchers and scholars. Knowledge of statistics is a crucial: Faculty of Science and Technology Report, UOB, UK
- TRP627: Recognize the main components of Geographical Information Systems and determine what roles they can play: GIS for Built Environment Professionals Report, TUOS, UK
You are asked to perform structural analysis of a traffic and signal lighting pole and design: Mechanical Engineering Report, ICL, UK
|Imperial College London (ICL)
Purpose: This project will help you to apply the theory to a practical structural design problem. You are given the opportunity to improve your understanding of theoretical and practical aspects of the theory taught in this course.
Project description: You are asked to perform structural analysis of a traffic and signal lighting pole and design it using the theory taught in this course. There is no unique design solution for this project, therefore you are highly encouraged to use your own understanding and approach.
There is also no restriction on the length of the project paper (preferably 3-5 pages). However, the following design and analysis steps are provided as a guidance. Please address all the requested
design aspects listed below. In each step, please list all your assumptions clearly and show your work and calculations accordingly.
(a) Please go outside and locate a traffic light pole that is designed to support at least 2-3 signal lights and sign plates on the nearest street in your neighborhood. Please capture a couple of images of the selected traffic light pole for illustration purposes in your paper. Fig. 1 depicts an example; however, you are supposed to use your own.
(b) Now, it is time to simply it and draw a free body diagram (FBD) to visualize the forces acting on the horizontal pole (mast arm) structure (Fig. 1 shows a sample FBD). Please approximate all the dimensions as close as possible to the real dimensions. You can simply consider the lights and sign plates as concentrated loads acting on the horizontal pole and its weight as the distributed force. In this step, assume there is no wind gust exerted by the structure.
(c) Using the FBD drawn in part-b and the beam deflection tables provided in your textbook, determine the cross-sectional geometry of the horizontal pole so that the maximum deflection of the horizonal pole does not exceed 100mm. (Hints: these poles typically have a hollow circular cross section, and you may assume that it has a uniform cross-section over the span. In addition, the horizontal pole can be assumed to be cantilevered to the vertical pole. You will also have to select a proper material in your design.)
(d) Now, estimate the pressure acting on the horizontal pole due to a side wind with a speed of 50 m/s and include it as a distributed force in your FBD. For this step you will have to figure out how to calculate the pressure force using a simplistic aerodynamic approach.
(e) With the updated FBD, it is time to calculate the combined stress-state at the critical crosssection of the horizontal pole. First, locate the critical cross-section in the horizontal pole and then figure out what is the critical stress-state at different points in that cross-section.
For the designed geometry and selected material, verify that the critical stress does not exceed the failure stress of the selected material. Also, please calculate the factor of safety. Your paper should be well structured in a typical scientific paper format. It must contain “introduction”, “theory”, “discussion”, and “references” sections. Please feel free to enrich your paper with high quality figures, schematics, graphs etc. if you think it is related to your design and analysis. Please make sure that you cite all the references you use in the paper and list them in the references section.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
If you are a university student and need excellent online report writing help on Mechanical Engineering? then Students Assignment Help UK is the most suitable website for this concern. here we have a team of extremely qualified report writers who service the error-free and 100% plagiarism-free report on engineering assignments at a discounted price.