- Explore how IT infrastructure meets the needs of organizations and their stakeholders: ITs Report, UO, UK
- BUSN9410 provide an assessment of (a) the people management problem(s); (b) the effect the people management problem: Strategic People Management Report, UOK, UK
- SG7003 prepare an essay that covers what you have learnt from your research and analysis while investigating: Business Simulation with Professional Development Report, UEL, UK
- (MK7040-R: Task- Students are required to produce a report (LO8/LO7) on the following case: Marketing in a Digital Age and Corporate Social Responsibility Report, UOL, UK
- MAR039-6 For one business from the live projects list create a digital marketing plan to help the company improve their online presence: Marketing and the Digital Future Report, UOB, UK
- MAR039-6 Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding: Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the theoretical underpinnings: Marketing and the Digital Future Report, UOB, UK
- ACCM4300: You are required to prepare a business letter to answer key accounting issues in regard to an acquisition analysis: Financial Reporting Report, KBS, UK
- Apply the knowledge of assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing interventions required for individuals: Complex Care Needs Report, QUB, UK
- MOD003345: Your Manager asked you to create a report for the Board of Directors at your selected organization. This report must critically: Operational and Project Management Report, ARU, UK
- Efficiency is one of the top order priorities in the engineering and manufacturing sector. Efficient and innovative: Engineering Project Report, UoM, UK
- TLH339: A critical understanding of the main theories and principles surrounding the management of service quality: Service Quality Report, US, UK
- Critically analyze the concept of well-being at work in the context of work, the workplace, and the changing working environment: Strategic Employment Relations Report, UoM, UK
- In the MSc programs, we train you to become independent researchers and scholars. Knowledge of statistics is a crucial: Faculty of Science and Technology Report, UOB, UK
- TRP627: Recognize the main components of Geographical Information Systems and determine what roles they can play: GIS for Built Environment Professionals Report, TUOS, UK
- Adaptation is the process, action, or the end result of an action taken to change behavior or practices because: Economics Report, UOL, UK
- Develop an international marketing plan, for an existing small or medium-sized enterprise of your choice: Global Marketing Report, UOY, UK
- FY028: Collect, select, and use information from a range of sources using different methods, appropriate to the academic: Inquiry Based Learning Report, BNU, UK
- Describe your workplace procedures for dealing with different types of accidents and emergencies: Principles of Health and Safety for Pharmacy Technicians Report, UoM, UK
- Identify and justify a business issue that is of strategic relevance to the organization and pose and solve organizational problems: Mental Wealth and Applied Research Report, UOEL, UK
- Provide a description of the relationship between key legislation and national policy and what relevance they have: Healthcare Practice in England Report, NU, UK
100150 Before the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services can be selected, sized to meet building loads: Building services and sustainability Report, UOS, UK
|University||University Of Salford (UOS)|
|Subject||100150 Building services and sustainability Report|
This assignment has been provided to introduce some ‘real world’ activities into your study of Building Services Engineering Design and Maintenance, and the consideration of sustainability within Building Services design projects. It is hoped that by examining various aspects of a ‘semi-real’ building, a small Medical Research Center, you will become more familiar with the role of the Building Services Engineer and the day to day problems he/she/they may encounter. An assignment such as this cannot cover all areas of engineering services provision typically met within a commercial construction project so Assignment 1 will concentrate on:
- Environmental Design Conditions
- Simplified Engineering Calculations
- Heating Systems Design and Specification
- Ventilation Systems Design and Specification
Note: Assignment 2 will cover
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
- Basic Lighting
- Basic Acoustics
- Services Integration
- Discussion on Systems Maintenance
The below tasks are to be based upon a low-rise Medical Research Centre building as shown in the attached drawings – for this assignment we can assume it is single storey. NOTE: print margins have a slight effect on dimension accuracy in relation to measurements versus use of the given drawing scale. In this assessment procedures are far more important than calculation accuracy.
The building is to be constructed in Salford, Greater Manchester, with a targeted occupancy date of February 2025. It is to be anticipated that the building will not be used for anything other than the room titles suggest and, to that end, it can be assumed that only standard, generic, HVAC and electrical services will be installed in the building appropriate to the usage of the rooms within. Note that there is space for M&E services in the ‘Plant Room’ as indicated on the drawing. Note that, as previously mentioned, although
dimensions are shown, these are only accurate if the drawing as inserted in the brief is correctly sized. Exact dimensions are not crucial when scaling from the drawing – what is important is design procedures not calculation accuracy.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Before the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services can be selected, sized to meet building loads and then installed, the Services Design Engineer must determine the internal environmental conditions that have to be achieved regardless of the external environmental conditions. The internal conditions need to be maintained throughout the year despite the bitter cold of winter and the, now not unusual, intense heat of summer.
Services Designers typically consider the ‘thermal’, ‘visual’ and ‘acoustic’ internal environment together with the requirement for a high standard of ‘indoor air quality (IAQ), with aspects of sustainability and energy consumption forming an ‘umbrella’ focus over all decisions. Additionally, different types of buildings, and rooms of differing usage within the same building, will require different environmental conditions.
Once the task of selecting suitable environmental conditions has been achieved the Services Designer can then determine room heat losses and gains, ventilation (and cooling) requirements, lighting requirements and sound level requirements and, crucially, how they can acceptably be installed in the building, or accounted for, from an access, physical and aesthetic perspective.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Looking for Assignment Help in the UK specifically for the subject of Building Services and Sustainability Report (100150)? Our platform offers comprehensive assistance to UK students seeking guidance in their coursework. Our expert team specializes in aiding with Report Writing service for this specific subject, including the intricacies of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services.
Students can pay for expert help to ensure their assignments meet the requirements set by the University of Sheffield (UOS). Don’t let the complexities of Building Services and Sustainability hold you back; let our experts assist you in excelling in this field.