- MARK1107: You are the marketing team for a cosmetics company which, while working on a new face cream formula in 1999: Principles and Practice of Marketing Report, UOG, UK
- You will work in groups formed in the first week, and each group chooses one company per group from the list below: Strategic Leadership Report, UOW, UK
- UMADEQ-15-M: As an equity portfolio manager, you would like to invest your fund’s money in stocks: Financial Investments in Practice Report, UWE, UK
- Attend FEA laboratory sessions to understand how to apply boundary conditions: Mechanical Engineering Report, UOW, UK
- NIE2206: Requires the completion of set exercises undertaken during supervised laboratory sessions and in your own independent study time: Embedded Systems Report, UOH, UK
- Write a report which will critically analyze how Human Resources (HR) policies and procedures in their organization: Leadership and Management Report, UOL, UK
- You are thinking of investing in the stock market, you know that macroeconomic factors: Statistics and Data Analytics Report, UOG, UK
- ICL-1004: The database is a crucial part of most organizations and A database is defined as the skeleton of any application: Database Design and Management Report, BU, UK
- The purpose of this document is to expand upon the assessment task in the course outline with additional explanation and information: Communications Report, UOE, UK
- recent or current issue within health and/or social care that interests you so was thinking of the impact on waiting times for secondary care: Health Management Report, UOL, UK
- 5K570009.B4: Write a business report of to your Financial Reporting and Assurance Unit Leaders to analyze the financial reporting: Financial Reporting and Assurance Report, MMU, UK
- I want to work in the X business sector, so I have been working on developing my knowledge and skills to enable me to apply for work in X: Management and Leadership Report, CMU, UK
- CBA937: You have been commissioned to provide an Advisory Report for the Management Committee: Social Influence Conformity and Obedience to Authority Report, OCN, UK
- Create your own assignment title that is reflective of the topic and method of the report: Psychology Report, MMU, UK
- BSOM072: Choose a company from the industry you analyzed in the AS1 group poster Then, critically read and analyze the reports and information: Risk & Resilience in Holistic Value Chain Management Report, UON, UK
- CMP9785M: Your task for this assessment is to design, develop, and deploy a full-stack IoT cloud application using a range of cloud services: Cloud Development Report, UL, UK
- Describe within your report how you could achieve the same effects in the 21″ Century: Decorative Arts and Historic Interiors Report, TUB, UK
- IMAT5211: You are required to write a report, based on a critical analysis of your organization: E-Commerce Systems Report, DMU, UK
- B294: Write a report to the Management of Panini ltd, critically evaluating the importance: Financial analysis and decision making Report, OU, UK
- 5HR03: Requires you to present a brief overview of your current involvement in organization practices in relation: Reward for Performance and Contribution Report, UK
Using an energy method of your choice, calculate the deflection at point B for the beam depicted: Mechanics of Materials Report, UOL, UK
|University||University of Leicester (UoL)|
|Subject||Mechanics of Materials|
- Part A: Energy methods
- Question 1
- Using an energy method of your choice, calculate the deflection at point B for the beam depicted in Figure 1. The second moment of area of the beam is I, with Young’s modulus E.
- Express the answer as a function of E, I, L, and M0. You must use an energy method and explain your steps. (You are of course free to use any other method to check your result)
- Question 2:
For the beam depicted in Figure 2, calculate the reactions at all three supports (second moment of area I, Young’s modulus E).
(It is obvious that this problem is statically indeterminate. You could use the double-integration method or Macauley’s singularity functions. However, an energy method is significantly quicker here. We have not discussed this method directly in the lectures and tutorials and it is suggested that you carry out a bit of research if you want to use it. It is worth it.)
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
- Part B: Fatigue
You are analyzing the possible failure mechanisms on the shaft of a pump.
The pump is gear-driven at a uniform load and speed. The shaft is supported by bearings mounted in the pump housing. The shaft is made of steel with ultimate tensile strength Su, and yield strength Sy. The tangential, axial, and radial components of force applied to the gear are shown in figure 3.
The surface of the shaft fillet has been shot-peened, which is estimated to be equivalent to a laboratory mirror-polished surface.
- Question 1
Calculate the Factor of Safety for static yielding. (It is possible that your result is below 1)
Please refer to the techniques taught in the year 2 modules: “Stress Analysis”. You should relate the stresses at the most critical location to the loads. Recall that some loads can contribute to different kinds of loadings. Use a suitable static failure criterion!
- Question 2
Calculate the Factor of Safety for fatigue failure for a life of 5.105. (It is possible that your result is below 1).
Consider carefully which loads are cyclic and which loads are not. This is quite a lengthy procedure; make sure you break it down into sensible steps. Make also sure that you clearly identify the approximations you are using, and that you reference the origin of the tools (charts/graphs, etc…) that you are using to obtain certain parameters.
- Question 3
Considering that the data retrieved from literature or provided by the manufacturer may not be reliable, you decided to test the specimen in the laboratory yourself. Find the relevant standards for obtaining the relevant material data for your design, provide a brief description of the specimens and procedures in your report.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Looking for expert writers who provide you report writing service? Look no further hire our expert from UK assignment help who can assist you and write your Mechanics of Materials Report in a 100% plagiarism-free & well-formatted manner and submit before the deadline of your university at an affordable price.