- Critically evaluate two external analysis models and choose one based on its merits and fit to USL’s business: Global Business Strategy Report, UOK, UK
- EGA366 Your task for this coursework is to code this process and simulate the robot using the Matlab scripts taught: Coursework-CW2, MATLAB Report, SU, UK
- BMG862 CRN’s Conduct an environmental audit of the company and assess the company’s readiness: Business strategy Report, UOS, UK
- BMG862 CRN’s: Develop a new marketing strategy and detailed marketing plan which must consider the earlier environmental: Business strategy Report, UOS, UK
- Conduct an environmental audit of the company’s UK market sector and assess its overall competitiveness in the market): Business strategy Report, HWU, UK
- Explore how IT infrastructure meets the needs of organizations and their stakeholders: ITs Report, UO, UK
- BUSN9410 provide an assessment of (a) the people management problem(s); (b) the effect the people management problem: Strategic People Management Report, UOK, UK
- 100150 Before the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services can be selected, sized to meet building loads: Building services and sustainability Report, UOS, UK
- SG7003 prepare an essay that covers what you have learnt from your research and analysis while investigating: Business Simulation with Professional Development Report, UEL, UK
- (MK7040-R: Task- Students are required to produce a report (LO8/LO7) on the following case: Marketing in a Digital Age and Corporate Social Responsibility Report, UOL, UK
- MAR039-6 For one business from the live projects list create a digital marketing plan to help the company improve their online presence: Marketing and the Digital Future Report, UOB, UK
- MAR039-6 Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding: Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the theoretical underpinnings: Marketing and the Digital Future Report, UOB, UK
- ACCM4300: You are required to prepare a business letter to answer key accounting issues in regard to an acquisition analysis: Financial Reporting Report, KBS, UK
- Apply the knowledge of assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing interventions required for individuals: Complex Care Needs Report, QUB, UK
- MOD003345: Your Manager asked you to create a report for the Board of Directors at your selected organization. This report must critically: Operational and Project Management Report, ARU, UK
- Efficiency is one of the top order priorities in the engineering and manufacturing sector. Efficient and innovative: Engineering Project Report, UoM, UK
- TLH339: A critical understanding of the main theories and principles surrounding the management of service quality: Service Quality Report, US, UK
- Critically analyze the concept of well-being at work in the context of work, the workplace, and the changing working environment: Strategic Employment Relations Report, UoM, UK
- In the MSc programs, we train you to become independent researchers and scholars. Knowledge of statistics is a crucial: Faculty of Science and Technology Report, UOB, UK
- TRP627: Recognize the main components of Geographical Information Systems and determine what roles they can play: GIS for Built Environment Professionals Report, TUOS, UK
Using an energy method of your choice, calculate the deflection at point B for the beam depicted: Mechanics of Materials Report, UOL, UK
|University of Leicester (UoL)
|Mechanics of Materials
- Part A: Energy methods
- Question 1
- Using an energy method of your choice, calculate the deflection at point B for the beam depicted in Figure 1. The second moment of area of the beam is I, with Young’s modulus E.
- Express the answer as a function of E, I, L, and M0. You must use an energy method and explain your steps. (You are of course free to use any other method to check your result)
- Question 2:
For the beam depicted in Figure 2, calculate the reactions at all three supports (second moment of area I, Young’s modulus E).
(It is obvious that this problem is statically indeterminate. You could use the double-integration method or Macauley’s singularity functions. However, an energy method is significantly quicker here. We have not discussed this method directly in the lectures and tutorials and it is suggested that you carry out a bit of research if you want to use it. It is worth it.)
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
- Part B: Fatigue
You are analyzing the possible failure mechanisms on the shaft of a pump.
The pump is gear-driven at a uniform load and speed. The shaft is supported by bearings mounted in the pump housing. The shaft is made of steel with ultimate tensile strength Su, and yield strength Sy. The tangential, axial, and radial components of force applied to the gear are shown in figure 3.
The surface of the shaft fillet has been shot-peened, which is estimated to be equivalent to a laboratory mirror-polished surface.
- Question 1
Calculate the Factor of Safety for static yielding. (It is possible that your result is below 1)
Please refer to the techniques taught in the year 2 modules: “Stress Analysis”. You should relate the stresses at the most critical location to the loads. Recall that some loads can contribute to different kinds of loadings. Use a suitable static failure criterion!
- Question 2
Calculate the Factor of Safety for fatigue failure for a life of 5.105. (It is possible that your result is below 1).
Consider carefully which loads are cyclic and which loads are not. This is quite a lengthy procedure; make sure you break it down into sensible steps. Make also sure that you clearly identify the approximations you are using, and that you reference the origin of the tools (charts/graphs, etc…) that you are using to obtain certain parameters.
- Question 3
Considering that the data retrieved from literature or provided by the manufacturer may not be reliable, you decided to test the specimen in the laboratory yourself. Find the relevant standards for obtaining the relevant material data for your design, provide a brief description of the specimens and procedures in your report.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Looking for expert writers who provide you report writing service? Look no further hire our expert from UK assignment help who can assist you and write your Mechanics of Materials Report in a 100% plagiarism-free & well-formatted manner and submit before the deadline of your university at an affordable price.