- Create your own assignment title that is reflective of the topic and method of the report: Psychology Report, MMU, UK
- BSOM072: Choose a company from the industry you analyzed in the AS1 group poster Then, critically read and analyze the reports and information: Risk & Resilience in Holistic Value Chain Management Report, UON, UK
- CMP9785M: Your task for this assessment is to design, develop, and deploy a full-stack IoT cloud application using a range of cloud services: Cloud Development Report, UL, UK
- Describe within your report how you could achieve the same effects in the 21″ Century: Decorative Arts and Historic Interiors Report, TUB, UK
- IMAT5211: You are required to write a report, based on a critical analysis of your organization: E-Commerce Systems Report, DMU, UK
- B294: Write a report to the Management of Panini ltd, critically evaluating the importance: Financial analysis and decision making Report, OU, UK
- 5HR03: Requires you to present a brief overview of your current involvement in organization practices in relation: Reward for Performance and Contribution Report, UK
- MN3119: You should aim to select the organization and specific industry in which you have a strong personal interest: Strategy Report, UOL, UK
- LCMB7003: Your work must be informed and supported by scholarly material that is relevant to and focused on the task(s) set: Strategic Management Report, UOW, UK
- MHN222568: Students have been allocated a company normally a corporate member of the initiative and been asked to critically analyse the company’s reporting on its corporate responsibility: Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility Report, GCU, UK
- External Analysis Conduct an external environmental analysis of your organisation: strategic management Report, LU, UK
- Prepare an oral presentation in which you analyze your employability skills in relation to your intended career or own business: Academic personal reflective report, UOE, UK
- Ismail is a 15-year-old cricketer who has been playing for a minor county team since the U12 level. He developed his interest in cricket: Studying Sport Report, WUC, UK
- 4ACCN009W: Evaluate the reliability and usefulness of publicly available corporate report information and the role of this information: Accounting and Finance for Business Report, UOW, UK
- MKT2011: Critically evaluate the theories and frameworks of Integrated Marketing Communications: Sales Management and Marketing Channels Report, NU, UK
- Explain how resource scarcity and opportunity cost impact microeconomic decision-making for households and individuals in the UK: Economics for Business Report, ICL, UK
- Active Enquiry and Intervention: impacting upon Pupil Progress A report on the inquiry and its outcomes also includes a poster presentation: Critical Pedagogy Report, UOL, UK
- You are the manager of a regional public library with three branches in a city with a population of 50,000: Enhancing Information Services, TUOS, UK
- BSS044-3: To demonstrate understanding of how international businesses operate within their strategic context: International Business Management Report, UOB, UK
- Prepare a plan that clearly demonstrates the extent to which the new residents of the development: Institute for Transport Report, UOL, UK
MANG6221: You are Acting as an Investment firm that Received $100,000 from a Client to Invest in Five Stocks: Stock Market Analysis Report, UOS, UK
|University||University of Southampton (UOS)|
|Subject||MANG6221: Stock Market Analysis|
Stock Portfolio Project
Congratulations, your Investment Firm has just received $100,000 to invest in 5 stocks!
To begin this project, you will need to research 5 companies that meet the criteria below.
- ALL Stocks MUST be bought on January 22. Track the stocks in your portfolio daily.
- All Stocks MUST be sold onMay 7th
- portfolio assignment is due on or before May 17th (think of it as your final exam).
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Select the following stocks for your portfolio:
- one stock for your portfolio from the Dow Jones Industrial Average stock list https://www.cnbc.com/dow-30/ (Links to an external site.)
- three stocks from the New York Stock Exchange (www.nyse.com (Links to an external site.)) and/or the NASDAQ (www.nasdaq.com (Links to an external site.))
- one of the latest initial public offerings (IPO). IPO selections may be no older than April 2019. You can find an IPO via the NYSE, NASDAQ websites, or IPOSCOOP.com (Links to an external site.) . (No foreign traded IPO’s, US only.)
You must divide the $100,000 evenly among each stock ($20,000 worth of each stock). If there is enough money left over to buy another share of stock from one of your companies, you may do so. Remember to add dividends to your total if one of your stocks issues them.
Ex: How to buy $20,000 of GE Stock:
- Go to https://finance.yahoo.com/(Links to an external site.) and type GE in the search bar then select General Electric
- Make sure that the market is closed for the day (4 pm eastern time) and write down the stock price at closing. For example, GE’s price at closing is $8.71.
- Then divide your $20k by $8.71 to find out how many shares you can buy. (20,000/8.71=2,296.21)
- As you can see, there are 21 cents left. Now, multiply your share price by the shares without the decimal point. (that’s $19,998.16 so the group has some leftover money (in this case $1.84)). When stock prices are in the hundreds of dollars, you may have a lot more money to invest. What you can do now is to add the leftover amount for all five companies and buy extra shares on any of your five companies.
I hope that makes sense. Please reach out if you need clarifications!
You are acting as an investment firm that received $100,000 from a client to invest in five stocks.
Write a brief description of the companies you have selected (one paragraph or two per company). Briefly explain the reasoning behind your company selections. Create a chart listing the companies you have selected, the price per share of each stock, and the total amount invested.
Monitor your stocks daily (Monday through Friday). Note the daily closing price of each stock. Graphically display the trends of each stock on a line graph. Discuss the elements of the business environment that may have an impact on the value of your stocks. Discuss the influences that the internal and external environment has on your companies during the observation period. Consider management decisions and/or changes, economic influences, consumer trends, domestic and global competition, political effects, etc. Take note of the dates that these events occurred and the corresponding fluctuation of your companies’ stock prices. Avoid plagiarism! You should write at least three pages per company.
Stocks must be sold at the close of business on May 7th. Use https://finance.yahoo.com/ (Links to an external site.) for graphs!
Provide a list of each stock, the initial (buy) price per share, the closing (sell) price per share, profit/loss for each company stock, and your OVERALL gain or loss for your portfolio (in dollars and percentage).
Use the Yahoo Finance graph to plot your five stocks and compare them to the S&P 500 and the Dow Industrial Average, then comment on your stock performance to the indices. Comment on which stock (IPO, DOW, NYSE, NASDAQ) performed best? Which stock performed worst? Write a one-page reflection about what you learned during this assignment. If you were investing real money, would you invest differently? Why or why not