- Mr Rajesh Patel is a 48-year-old taxi driver who presents to his local Emergency Department (ED): Case Study, UK
- Using trend analysis and appropriate ratios, analyse the financial statements: business and management Case Study, OU, UK
- Briefly explain the general purpose of each of the two financial statements: business and management Case Study, OU, UK
- Nurse prescribing is a concept originally initiated within1980’s and was a reccomendation highlighted: case study, UOE, UK
- HS1924: A 10-year-old boy with Type 1 diabetes mellitus has lived in residential care for most: Mental Health and Well Being in Integrated Care Case Study, CUL, UK
- Mr Jones is a 59-year-old male who has recently completed a cycle ride for charity: Medical microbiology and virology Case Study, TUM, UK
- Comment on the organizational factors that could have contributed to the poor health and safety culture at the haulage company: health and safety Case Study, UK
- SOE09401: Drawing on your knowledge of the PESTEL model, analyze the external environment facing: Strategic Management in a Global Context Case Study, UOY, UK
- HRM09403 explain what the PESTEL and SWOT are and how they are created. Remember, they are regularly reviewed and updated: Organizational Change Management Case Study, UOE, UK
- 5HRO2: You are a member of the people practice team within “SunEnergy”. You have been asked to help the team understand: Talent Management and Workforce Planning Case Study, UoM, UK
- Plan, design, and implement the International Travel Agency switched network as shown in the diagram and described below: Switched Network Case Study, UOS, UK
- There is no way that tourism will continue to prosper without damaging local environments, cultures, and economies: Banning of Tourism Case Study, UniS, UK
- A “people professional” typically refers to an individual working in the field of human resources (HR) or people management: Professional Behavior’s and Valuing People Case Study, OU, UK
- BUSN6770: The initial business plan for the new sports center managed by John and Sophia, two graduates of Sports Science: Financial Management for Decision-Making and Control Case Study, UOK, UK
- The capital asset pricing model mainly evolves the description based on the relationship between general perils of investing: Dataset Case Study, UOW, UK
- What are the factors contributing to the mismanagement of government warehouses in Zambia: Warehouse Case Study, UOL, UK
- Evaluate procedures for effective working relationships with others. Analyse common objectives used when: Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care Case Study, PBS, UK
- What are the key aspects of EMC’s customer-centricity approach? How translatable is it across countries and markets: Marketing Issues in International Business Case Study, UOL, UK
- Sitting in the warehouse office, staring at the financial statements in her hands, Shefali Agrawal was confused: Management and Administration Case Study, UD, UK
- Rolls-Royce is the UK’s leading developer and manufacturer of both civil and military aero-engines, power systems: Private Equity Assignment, ICL, UK
You are hired as a DBA for a medium size online retailer company Quick Sale The company sells several products: Advanced Database Technologies Case Study ,UOS, UK
|University of Southampton (UOS)
|Advanced Database Technologies
The implementation tasks are based the following case study and requirements
You are hired as a DBA for a medium size online retailer company “Quick Sale”. The company sells several products, such as computer hardware and software, music, clothing, and tools. The company maintains information about these products, such as product identification numbers, the category into which the product falls, orders information, the supplier, the availability status of the product, a list price, etc. Inventory information is also recorded for all products, including the warehouse where the product is available and the quantity on hand. Customer information is also tracked.
The database design is complete (see ERD below) and you will be provided with the script to upload all necessary data in your VM database. The owners of the tables are user shand user oe.
The “Quick Sale” company has number of employees working in several departments: Sales, Marketing, Inventory, Customer Service, HR, etc. They need to have different access rights to the tables in the database, based on their job description.
Your task is to implement DBA requirements specified below using your Virtual Machine provided for the module and describe your solutions for potential DBA problems as specified in the Problem-solving requirements.
- You are required to create 2 table spaces to store data needed for two different applications with different requirements:
- First table space invites, will be required to store extra inventory information. This will be for a transactional type of application where every day a large amount of data (around 10Mb) will be entered into tables stored in invites That data also will be updatable on a regular basis.
- Second table space dw_tsp will be used for a data warehousing application with a large data (120Mb) loaded at the beginning and rarely updated.
You are required to create both table spaces in your database, deciding on the best properties to be used for each tables peace. You must provide SQL command for each table space creation, a screenshot of successful execution of that SQL command and explanation on why you made those choices of table spaces properties and their values for both table spaces. What are the benefits, and drawbacks of your choices.
- You are required to create several new users with the following login requirements:
- Two users for the Customer Service department and one user for the Inventory department. Default table space for all users should be invites and temporary table space should be set to temp.
- All of the above users should have unique usernames and passwords. Password should be at least 8 characters long and users should not be allowed to have a password that is shorter than 8 characters. There shouldn’t be any other enforcement on the password.
- The users should be forced to change their passwords on their first login, then every 6 months and not allowed to reuse the same password.
- If during the login they specified their password incorrectly 3 times, the account should be locked for 30 hours.
- All new users should be allowed to leave their session without interacting Make sure you include an explanation on how these requirements are implemented, possible alternatives, their benefits and drawbacks. Please provide in your report the usernames and passwords for all users created.
- New users should have the following access rights:
- All of the above users should be able to login to the database.
- Two users for the Customer Service department should have Read/Only access to PRODUCT_INFORMATION, PRODUCT_DESCRIPTIONS, ORDERS, ORDER_ITEMS and CUSTOMERS tables, owned by user oe.
- Customer Service users should be able to easily query information about all orders for a particular customer based on the customer id. (Remember, Customer service users might not be experienced SQL developers, so they will not be able to create a complex SQL statement with joins, etc. You need to simplify this task for them).
- The user for the Inventory department should have Read/Write access to the tables: INVENTORIES and WAREHOUSES as well as Read/Only access to ORDERS, ORDER_ITEMS and CUSTOMERS tables, owned by user oe.
- The user for the Inventory department should also be allowed to create new tables and new views.
Make sure you include an explanation on how these requirements are implemented.
Problem solving requirements:
- If you accidently dropped an important schema (for example, hr)in your database, discuss the best functionality to use in order to recover it quickly and safely. Provide an explanation of the steps needed to recover data including the SQL commands for each step.
- Your users are reporting “ORA-1555: Snapshot too old” errors. What might be the cause of this? Explain what you need to do in order to solve this issue.
- Explain the difference between a hot backup and a cold backup and the benefits associated with each.
- Discuss how different database failures can impact a business, including the financial costs, and what can be done to minimize the downtime cost. To illustrate your point, find a real-life example, based on your research, of the financial costs suffered by a company due to an Oracle systems failure; what lessons were learnt and what actions were taken to prevent future problems.
- Your VM number
- Description of your implementation for each requirement: SQL commands and explanation with the rationale justifying the design decisions you have made; evaluating alternatives, potential problems, and limitations
- A brief (less than half a page) description of any special strength of your implementation or additional features that you added to the system, that you think should be taken into account in awarding a mark.
- A concise list of any bugs and/or weaknesses of your system.
- An evaluation of your system and of your learning experience. Write around 600-800 words evaluating the components that you have produced and the way you went about completing the coursework.
Try to be specific and state exactly what you learned by your own effort and from other students. Make clear what you would do differently if you were to do the coursework again. Some points that you could cover include: how you managed your time, how you found out necessary information to complete the assignment, how well designed you think your solution is, what changes would need to be made to your system before it could become a product that could be used by real users.
- A very good implementation, showing a system with all requirements (1 – 9) implemented; all components are working and provide a good result.
- A very good reportdemonstrating a good understanding of database administration and good ability to implement business requirements.
- An excellentimplementation, showing all requirements (1-9) are implemented to a higher standard. The components should be working properly and provide an excellent result.
- An excellent reportdemonstrating a thorough understanding of the database administration and showing very good ability to implement and discuss in details complex requirements.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Academic writers of StudentsAssignmentHelp.com offer the top-rated case study help UK on Advanced Database Technologies. our case study experts have Ph.D. and master’s degrees in their subject field. Also, they always design trustworthy case study solutions on all subjects.