- Mr Rajesh Patel is a 48-year-old taxi driver who presents to his local Emergency Department (ED): Case Study, UK
- Using trend analysis and appropriate ratios, analyse the financial statements: business and management Case Study, OU, UK
- Briefly explain the general purpose of each of the two financial statements: business and management Case Study, OU, UK
- Nurse prescribing is a concept originally initiated within1980’s and was a reccomendation highlighted: case study, UOE, UK
- HS1924: A 10-year-old boy with Type 1 diabetes mellitus has lived in residential care for most: Mental Health and Well Being in Integrated Care Case Study, CUL, UK
- Mr Jones is a 59-year-old male who has recently completed a cycle ride for charity: Medical microbiology and virology Case Study, TUM, UK
- Comment on the organizational factors that could have contributed to the poor health and safety culture at the haulage company: health and safety Case Study, UK
- SOE09401: Drawing on your knowledge of the PESTEL model, analyze the external environment facing: Strategic Management in a Global Context Case Study, UOY, UK
- HRM09403 explain what the PESTEL and SWOT are and how they are created. Remember, they are regularly reviewed and updated: Organizational Change Management Case Study, UOE, UK
- 5HRO2: You are a member of the people practice team within “SunEnergy”. You have been asked to help the team understand: Talent Management and Workforce Planning Case Study, UoM, UK
- Plan, design, and implement the International Travel Agency switched network as shown in the diagram and described below: Switched Network Case Study, UOS, UK
- There is no way that tourism will continue to prosper without damaging local environments, cultures, and economies: Banning of Tourism Case Study, UniS, UK
- A “people professional” typically refers to an individual working in the field of human resources (HR) or people management: Professional Behavior’s and Valuing People Case Study, OU, UK
- BUSN6770: The initial business plan for the new sports center managed by John and Sophia, two graduates of Sports Science: Financial Management for Decision-Making and Control Case Study, UOK, UK
- The capital asset pricing model mainly evolves the description based on the relationship between general perils of investing: Dataset Case Study, UOW, UK
- What are the factors contributing to the mismanagement of government warehouses in Zambia: Warehouse Case Study, UOL, UK
- Evaluate procedures for effective working relationships with others. Analyse common objectives used when: Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care Case Study, PBS, UK
- What are the key aspects of EMC’s customer-centricity approach? How translatable is it across countries and markets: Marketing Issues in International Business Case Study, UOL, UK
- Sitting in the warehouse office, staring at the financial statements in her hands, Shefali Agrawal was confused: Management and Administration Case Study, UD, UK
- Rolls-Royce is the UK’s leading developer and manufacturer of both civil and military aero-engines, power systems: Private Equity Assignment, ICL, UK
HRM4007: Martha Jayasekera is a 25-year-old young woman with cerebral palsy, who lives in her own flat: Fostering Dignity and Respect Case Study, AU, UK
|Fostering dignity and respect
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical and moral concepts pertaining to freedom, rights, responsibilities, and the use of power in care.
- Discuss effective communication and interpersonal skills including compassion, dignity, and respect.
- Examine and reflect upon personally held values and the impact they might have on practice, individual learning, and own development
- Identify strategies for enhancing dignity and respect accorded to people in a care setting.
Martha Jayasekera is a 25-year-old young woman with cerebral palsy, who lives in her own flat. She uses a wheelchair and needs support with many activities of daily living. Her support needs include getting out of bed in the morning, washing, dressing, and getting ready for the day, and support with getting into bed in the evening.
Martha Jayasekera enjoys going out with friends and working part-time, as a counselor for young adults with physical disabilities in a local community support center.
The home care organization that delivers her service is requested to come and support her to go to bed at 10 p.m. but the carers frequently arrive at 7 p.m. to perform this service and have continued to do this despite Martha’s complaints. When asked why this happens the care service says a lot of the staff do not wish to work such late hours and feel unsafe in the area around Martha’s flat.
What are the ethical concepts such as those pertaining to freedom, rights, responsibilities, and the use of power in care which apply to this situation, and what kind of strategies could the staff employ to support and respect Martha Jayasekera’s dignity?
In a reflective account, explain how this case study has contributed to your own learning, self-development, and practice in understanding dignity and respect.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Get top-notch case study help on Fostering dignity and respect by UK Assignment Help. Our case study writers have passed Ph.D. and master’s degrees from UK universities. Our experts work round the clock to serve the best quality solution on HND assignments, CIPD assignments,s and HNC assignments at a cheap price.