- MS50063W: Will provide you with an understanding of research philosophy and introduce you to a range of qualitative: Research Methods for Business Economics Dissertation, UOWL, UK
- Discuss the role of the buyer’s and seller’s obligations to a FOB contract in International Commercial transactions: International Sale of Goods Dissertation, UOB, UK
- The purpose of this study is to explore and create a new testing technique for direct tensile testing of brittle materials: Design Manufacturing & Engineering Management Materials Dissertation, UOS, UK
- The Training Zone Concept/Criteria Coursework instructions The present workout involves the design of 5 resistance-training workouts: Sports specific strength and conditioning Dissertation, UOB, UK
- Electrical and electronic equipment has necessarily become a major part of human existence and development: Sustainable Environmental Management Dissertation, MUL, UK
- This proposed study will consist of a systematic review of the evidence to examine the degree to which the media representations: Criminology Dissertation, OBU, UK
- MANG6351: What is the business idea after our seminar last & this week? What is so special about the idea: Business Planning, UOS, UK
- This handbook should be read in conjunction with the supplementary dissertation information that relates specifically to your program: School of the Built Environment Dissertation, HWU, UK
- Identify the research question which underpins your proposed research and justify why this research question and the context: Financial Management Dissertation, CBS, UK
- Based on Machine Learning Big dataset, preprocessing the data, analyze exploratory analysis data analysis and comparison, evaluation: Dissertation, UOB, UK
- SWK7006: Undertake a critical, analytical, and evaluative review of appropriate literature from a wide range of relevant sources: MA Social Work Dissertation, UOB, UK
- MS6LS57O : Identify, define, and justify a business issue that is of strategic relevance to the chosen organization: Research Business Project Dissertation, UOWL, UK
- BMS4997: Research Project aims to introduce the student to the design and execution of an investigation: Clinical Biochemistry Dissertation, MUL, UK
- The role of social media marketing in digital transformation and its significance in digital business within the food and beverage industry during Covid-19 , Social Media Marketing & Digital Business, Dissertation, SU,UK
- Jesus Christ Was God And Presented Christ-Like Attributes During His Mission: Characteristics Of Christ Dissertation, UO, UK
- December 2019 Commenced With The First Cases Of COVID-19 In Wuhan: Tourism During The Coronavirus Pandemic Dissertation, UniS, UK
- Childhood Obesity and its Impact on the Health and Wellbeing of Children in the United Kingdom: Health and Social Care Dissertation, UOG, UK
- Carry out a critical in depth study of an area of knowledge relevant to the course: ROBOTICS Dissertation DMU, UK
- Metro Cebu Water District Bid Report: Management Project Dissertation UoM, UK
- Public Health Dissertation Example: UK
A Study Conducted By The Gay Lesbian And Straight Education Network: Problem Statement Dissertation, AU, UK
|University||Aston University (AU)|
A study conducted by the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network [GLSEN] (2005) reports that 90% of all LGBTQ students state they receive verbal abuse and 40% report physical harm while on college campuses. Additionally, Schlanger (2017) said that 18% of LGBT students reported cases of rape at school, 40% admit to staying home one or more days a week out of fear, and 60% stated feeling sad or helpless.
Yet, college campuses do little to address the concerns of LGBTQ students. The lack of school policies and support systems contributes to ever-increasing suicide rates, poor attendance, low academic performance, and high dropout rates among LGBTQ students. While college leaders repeatedly state that their organization provides an environment of safety, tolerance, and diversity.
However, LGBT students report discrimination, harassment, and feeling of danger still exist on campus (Kepler, 2020). This is most evident in the Bible Belt, often characterized by its conservative beliefs for devotion to family, church, and norms about sexuality (Worthen, 2018). Researchers have shown that people in the southern states, historically known for discriminatory beliefs, hold the highest negative views of LGBT people (Worthen, 2018).
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Resulting in LGBT college students attending school in southern states experiencing significantly more discrimination, being victimized more often, and having access to fewer LGBT-related support resources. No Policies or support systems to advocate against LGBT discrimination remove the ability for LGBT students to flourish in a supportive environment with many safe and anonymous resources.
The specific problem is heterosexual staff, faculty, and students are often the advocates for LGBTQ+ students on college campuses. However, most of these advocates have minimal skills or resources available (Poynter & Tubbs, 2008).
Yet, with adequate resources and training, these heterosexual advocates make a significant difference by creating a positive culture on campus. Recently Educational policymakers have recognized the need for developing a positive campus culture for LGBTQ+ students. One group of heterosexual campus allies is through the LGBTQ+ Safe Space Ally Program, which helps alleviate prior misperceptions and encourages others to create a more inclusive campus (Poynter & Tubbs, 2008).
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Each University establishing an LGBTQ+ Safe Space Ally Program must develop an extensive training program unique to their campus concerns. While many colleges have developed LGBTQ+ Safe Space Ally programs yet they do not have any professionally staffed LGBTQ+ offices or dedicated resources for LGBTQ+ students (Poynter & Tubbs, 2008).
Often, there are people on campus that are not supportive, are homophobic, or have little understanding of LGBTQ+ people. The qualitative study results will examine the difference in experiences of LGBTQ+ college students that attend colleges with Ally Programs to LGBTQ+ students that attend colleges that do not have an Ally Program.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Looking for dissertation writing for Problem Statement? Our team helps students who are unable to write good personalized homework answers at a very cheap price. Our university assignment experts are very focused on their work, they will even provide you with homework before the deadline, and they are there for you 24/7.