- What are the macroeconomic paradoxes?: Macro Economics Assignment, SOAS, UK
- A service user who left home at 16 and struggled emotionally and financially suffered a psychotic breakdown at the age of 19: Nursing BSC Assignment, MUL, UK
- You represent a cost consultancy and your client, a large public body, is unsure about the tendering process: Quantity Surveying Assignment, UOG, UK
- Prepare the journals for the year-end adjustments, show all your workings, and state any assumptions: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, Uk
- Prepare the journals for the transactions that occurred during the year but have not yet been accounted for: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, UK
- The Pearson-set theme for use with Level 5 Unit 19: Research Project is Corporate Social Responsibility: Research Project Assignment, BIC, UK
- 7CO02 “The challenge facing the profession is best characterised by the common expression, ‘I’m a people person: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- People Management (21 April 2023 ) reported that “Almost half of HR professionals claim they are dealing: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- 7CO02 Explain the view that high-performance work practices benefit both employers and employees: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 7CO02 You are asked to make a 30-minute presentation at a local CIPD branch meeting: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 5HR03 Evaluate the principles of reward and its importance to organisational culture and performance management: Reward for Performance and Contribution Assignment, UOB, UK
- A metal bar 20 Ci in diameter was subjected to a compressed load of 800 KN and, measured decreases: unit 36 advanced mechanical principles Assignment, UOL, UK
- A wing section structure is in the form of a two-cell box in which the vertical spars are connected to the wing: Structural design and Care Assignment, US, UK
- Explain the role of leadership and management skills in adult care settings/services: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adults Care Assignment, DC, UK
- Analyse and evaluate the 2 key internal factors and 2 key external factors impacting: Talent Management Assignment, UCL, UK
- CRITICAL REVIEW OF A HEALTH INEQUALITIES REPORT (2500 words): FOUNDATION OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IN NURSING Assignment, UOL, UK
- Identify and analyse any legal claims that may arise in the below scenario, using UK law and case authority: law of contract Course Work, OU, UK
- Perform a PESTEL analysis for the chosen business: Context of Business Report Assignment, UOS, UK
- 7CO02 Examine the merits of different models of people practice management, linking them with effective business performance: CIPD-L7 Assignment, Uk
- 7CO02 Critically evaluate models of systemic thinking and how they underpin the interconnective nature of people practice work: CIPD-L7 Assignment, UK
NEC3201: A regional irrigation water agency is required to provide irrigation water for an additional 7000 ha of land with a water share: Hydraulic Engineering Assignment, VU, UK
|University||Victoria University (VU)|
|Subject||NEC3201: Hydraulic Engineering|
A regional irrigation water agency is required to provide irrigation water for an additional 7000 ha of land with a water share of 20 ML/ha over 70 days period. A separate branch irrigation channel has to be designed to extract water from the existing main canal at RL 250. The existing channel has enough supply to meet this additional demand. The length of the branch channel is 20 km out of which the first 5 km section has a general land slope of 1 in 1000, the next 5 km stretch has a general slope of 1 in 1500 and the final 10km section has a general slope of 1 in 2000.
- The regional agency is looking at options for the design of the branch channel using two different approaches: (1) design the branch channel as a trapezoidal earthen channel section and (2) a rectangular cum triangular concrete channel section (Figure 1). The agency is keen to keep delivery losses (largely due to evaporation and operational procedures) of about 20 % of the diverted flow.
The design should indicate any drop structure arrangements if required along the channel length.
The following data is provided for the design:
Water share is to be taken over 70 days
Batter slopes on the earthen channel: 2H:1V
Limiting flow velocity to avoid scour = 0.7 m/s in case of earthen channel and 1.6 m/s for concrete
Bed width/depth ratio (b/d) = 3
Freeboard = 0.6 m
Bank crest width = 2.5 m
Seepage slope = 5H:1V
Manning’s n = 0.03 for the earth channel and n = 0.014 for the concrete channel
Suitably assume any missing data for this design.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
- The agency is also looking to support farmers with the design of fixed sprinkler systems to improve the efficiency of the water applied on their agricultural land. The agency is interested to get a sprinkler design for a land of 200m x 200m area as per the plan shown in Figure 2. Each sprinkler is rated at 300 L/hr at 40m head. The maximum variation in head across the system is limited to 20%. Allow 10% for local losses. Calculate the water application rate in mm/hr, the irrigation time in hrs for GWR of 60mm, the maximum permitted pressure variation across the whole plot, and the size of the PE manifold and PE laterals. Design the capacity of the pump at the manifold as shown in Figure 2. Assume a suitable layout of the laterals and sprinkler spacing. The manifold is located in the middle of the plot as shown. Also, assume any suitable data required for the design of the sprinkler system including the location of the first sprinkler.
Your consultancy firm of hydraulic engineering designers has been given the task of performing a preliminary engineering design of the proposed new works.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Enhance your understanding of hydraulic engineering with NEC3201: Hydraulic Engineering Assignments! Seek online assignment assistance from Students Assignment Help UK. Our engineering assignment help provides tailored solutions for Victoria University (VU) students. Ace your projects with expert guidance, ensuring top-notch submissions. Dive into practical insights and theoretical excellence through our support. Elevate your academic journey today!