- What are the macroeconomic paradoxes?: Macro Economics Assignment, SOAS, UK
- A service user who left home at 16 and struggled emotionally and financially suffered a psychotic breakdown at the age of 19: Nursing BSC Assignment, MUL, UK
- You represent a cost consultancy and your client, a large public body, is unsure about the tendering process: Quantity Surveying Assignment, UOG, UK
- Prepare the journals for the year-end adjustments, show all your workings, and state any assumptions: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, Uk
- Prepare the journals for the transactions that occurred during the year but have not yet been accounted for: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, UK
- The Pearson-set theme for use with Level 5 Unit 19: Research Project is Corporate Social Responsibility: Research Project Assignment, BIC, UK
- 7CO02 “The challenge facing the profession is best characterised by the common expression, ‘I’m a people person: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- People Management (21 April 2023 ) reported that “Almost half of HR professionals claim they are dealing: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- 7CO02 Explain the view that high-performance work practices benefit both employers and employees: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 7CO02 You are asked to make a 30-minute presentation at a local CIPD branch meeting: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 5HR03 Evaluate the principles of reward and its importance to organisational culture and performance management: Reward for Performance and Contribution Assignment, UOB, UK
- A metal bar 20 Ci in diameter was subjected to a compressed load of 800 KN and, measured decreases: unit 36 advanced mechanical principles Assignment, UOL, UK
- A wing section structure is in the form of a two-cell box in which the vertical spars are connected to the wing: Structural design and Care Assignment, US, UK
- Explain the role of leadership and management skills in adult care settings/services: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adults Care Assignment, DC, UK
- Analyse and evaluate the 2 key internal factors and 2 key external factors impacting: Talent Management Assignment, UCL, UK
- CRITICAL REVIEW OF A HEALTH INEQUALITIES REPORT (2500 words): FOUNDATION OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IN NURSING Assignment, UOL, UK
- Identify and analyse any legal claims that may arise in the below scenario, using UK law and case authority: law of contract Course Work, OU, UK
- Perform a PESTEL analysis for the chosen business: Context of Business Report Assignment, UOS, UK
- 7CO02 Examine the merits of different models of people practice management, linking them with effective business performance: CIPD-L7 Assignment, Uk
- 7CO02 Critically evaluate models of systemic thinking and how they underpin the interconnective nature of people practice work: CIPD-L7 Assignment, UK
3CO04 Clean Quarter Ltd is a small start-up business that will open to the public in two months’ time: Essentials of people practice Assignment, CIPD, UK
|University||Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)|
|Subject||Essentials of people practice Assignment|
Clean Quarter Ltd is a small start-up business that will open to the public in two months’ time. Friends Jaspreet and Caroline felt there was a gap in the market for a retailer to sell plastic-free food products, many of which are also organic. In addition, a range of cleaning and cosmetic products will be sold. Customers will be able to bring their own containers to the store, which can be filled with products of their choice. An online delivery service will also be available. To reduce carbon emissions, products will be sourced locally where possible. Jaspreet and Caroline are confident their business plan will work and have an excellent understanding of their market and products but are less confident about the people side of the operation. They are aware you are studying the CIPD Foundation Certificate in People Practice and have asked for your help. As you are their friend and would like to develop your practice, you agree to help and provide advice in a number of ways.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Task one – written advice (recruitment and selection)
- You feel you can contribute and offer advice in relation to different stages of the employee lifecycle. You decide to explain the stages of the employee lifecycle and how a people practitioner could contribute to each stage. (AC1.1)
As Clean Quarter Ltd does not yet have any employees, you decide first to advise Jaspreet and Caroline on how to recruit and select their new employees. You have ascertained that, initially, they will employ three sales assistants.
- Explain the purpose and key content of a job description and person specification. Explain how job analysis can be used to decide on the content of these documents. (AC 1.2)
- Explain two different recruitment methods that Jaspreet and Caroline could use for the sales assistant vacancies and why the two methods are appropriate for the role. (AC 1.3)
- Explain factors to consider when deciding on the content of copy used in the recruitment methods you have explained above. You could consider factors such as budget, balance between providing an accurate and positive image, space available, corporate image. (AC 1.4)
- Explain two different selection methods that Jaspreet and Caroline could use for the sale assistant vacancies and why the two methods are appropriate for the role. (AC 2.1)
- Explain what selection records Clean Quarter Ltd should retain and why they should retain these records. (AC 2.4)
You decide it would be useful for Jaspreet and Caroline to have template letters of appointment and non-appointment for the sales assistant roles.
- Write letters of appointment and non-appointment for the sales assistant role. (AC 2.5) There is no requirement to include evidence of the use of references to wider reading to achieve a high pass for AC2.5.
Task two – simulated interview
To support Jaspreet and Caroline, and develop your own knowledge and skills, you:
- Devise selection criteria for the post of Sales Assistant using the job description already written (Appendix A). Use the selection shortlisting matrix (Appendix B) to shortlist applications against the selection criteria to determine candidates to be interviewed. Your assessor will provide you with completed, sample application forms. (AC 2.2) There is no requirement to include evidence of the use of references to wider reading to achieve a high pass for AC2.2.
- Interview one applicant and decide whether they meet the criteria for the post. The interview could be a panel or one-to-one interview (as determined by your centre). The interview could be conducted face-to-face or by web conferencing. (AC 2.3) There is no requirement to include evidence of the use of references to wider reading to achieve a high pass for AC2.3.
[If working as a panel, it is essential that each member of the team actively takes part in devising the criteria, shortlisting, interviewing and decision-making.
A copy of CIPD STARR Model Interview Questions (Appendix C) has been included, that can be used when developing interview questions.]
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Task three – guidance document (legislation and employment relations)
As well as taking a responsible stance in relation to the environment, Jaspreet and Caroline are keen to be good employers. They ask you to give them some advice on how legislation and organisational practices affect employment relations and you decide to write a guidance document.
The guidance document must include:
- An explanation of the importance of achieving work-life balance within the employment relationship with an overview of the legislation relevant to work-life balance. (AC 3.1)
- An explanation of what is meant by, and the importance of, wellbeing in the workplace. (AC 3.2)
- A summary of the main points of discrimination legislation. (AC 3.3)
- An explanation of what diversity and inclusion mean and why they are important. (AC 3.4)
- An explanation of the difference between fair and unfair dismissal. (AC 3.5)
Task four – briefing paper (performance management and reward)
In preparation for becoming the employer of three sales assistants, prepare a briefing paper to provide Jaspreet and Caroline with essential knowledge and understanding of performance management and reward. You need to ensure that your explanation includes:
- the purpose and components of performance management. (AC 4.1)
- the main factors that need to be considered when managing performance. (AC 4.2)
- different methods of performance review. (AC 4.3)
- key components (financial and non-financial) that are required to achieve an effective total reward system. (AC 5.1)
- the relationship between reward and performance, and the links to motivation. (AC 5.2)
- at least two reasons for treating employees fairly in relation to pay. (AC 5.3)
Task five – fact sheet (learning and development)
Jaspreet and Caroline envisage providing an induction and ongoing learning and development activities to their employees. They feel they would benefit from developing their knowledge of learning and development. You decide to prepare a factsheet for them.
Your factsheet should:
- Explain why learning and development activities are of benefit to the sales assistants and Clean Quarter Ltd. (AC 6.1)
- Describe different types of learning needs and reasons why they arise for the sales assistants and Clean Quarter Ltd. (AC 6.2)
- Summarise different face-to-face and blended learning and development approaches, including facilitation; training; coaching; and mentoring. (AC 6.3)
- Explain how, in the design and delivery of learning and development initiatives, individual requirements and preferences must be accommodated. (AC 6.4)
- Discuss at least two methods of evaluating learning and development and its impact. (AC 6.5)
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Encountering challenges with your Essentials of People Practice Assignment at CIPD, UK? Don’t worry! Our dedicated team specializes in providing comprehensive Business Assignment Help in the UK for students. We’re your go-to assignment helper in the UK for all your academic needs. Allow us to assist you in unraveling the complexities of Clean Quarter Ltd, a small start-up business preparing to open to the public in two months’ time, a critical element of your CIPD coursework. Say goodbye to academic stress and welcome academic excellence with our expertise.