- Vegetable oil is an important component of cooking and food preparation in many cultures: Economics Assignment, UOC, UK
- Identify further areas for development through mentoring and Discuss the different methods of coaching and training available to the coach: Coaching and Mentoring Assignment, UOW, UK
- BBS003-1: DIL Haulage (Leighton Buzzard UK) What issues may impact the company’s development and growth? Issues: Foundations of Business Communication Assignment, BU, UK
- Unit 40: Produce a critical evaluation of the international marketing context, including insights into how organizations should adapt their marketing strategies for various markets: International Marketing Assignment, CU, UK
- On September 6th, Thursday, AXION Airways announced it had suffered a breach resulting in the theft of customer data: OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Ali works as Maternity Support Worker. Whilst attending a birth on a labour ward during a very busy period when staffing levels: Health and Social Care Provision Assignment, UU, UK
- Maxwell Building in Peel Park campus, University of Salford, is to be demolished and replaced with a 6-storey building: Soil Mechanics Assignment, ICL, UK
- COM4009: You have joined the technical support team at a small firm (100 employees) with plans for rapid expansion.: Productivity and Collaboration Tools for Learning and Work Assignment, AU, UK
- Bicycle Rack When a full design specification was produced and the weighted objective procedure carried out: Engineering design Assignment, UOB, UK
- Explain why legislation is necessary to protect the rights of individuals who cannot make decisions for themselves.: Understanding mental capacity Assignment, OAL, UK
- Critically discuss the following statement by Anita Roddick with reference to the value paradox: Business Management Assignment, OBU, UK
- 5CO01: Organizational change is a constant in many organizations, driven by a number of different forces including customers, markets, and technology: Organisational performance and culture in practice Assignment, CIPD, UK
- You should propose and outline your strategy drawing on the findings of your critical audit: Digital Marketing Assignment, UOP, UK
- Describe what is meant by the term ‘unsafe practices that may affect the well-being of individuals: Safeguarding Assignment, BCU, UK
- Identify the power of the police to reduce the impact of crime on society: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- Identify the knowledge and information about the system of criminal justice and its alternative to reduce crime in the community: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- The learning procedure about offender management changes my opinion about the justice system: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- Identify that police is one of the important characteristics in the justice society to reduce crime in the community: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- From the individual week, I learned about the development of criminology and its various characteristic that influences the diverse range: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- Discuss how the supply chain activities of Cross Docking and Activity Based Costing enable transport operators to reduce costs: Global Supply Chain Management Assignment, UOS, UK
You are working as an apprentice technician for a large company that manufactures hydraulic systems: Engineering Assignment, UOG, UK
|University||University of Greenwich (UOG)|
You are working as an apprentice technician for a large company that manufactures hydraulic systems and airframe components for the aerospace industry. Your training supervisor has reviewed your progress and is impressed by your general understanding of the metallic materials used in the manufacture of the company’s products.
They have now asked you to investigate the microstructure of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and the effects of processes, such as heat treatment and mechanical forming, on the mechanical properties of these materials.
You are going to investigate the micro-structures of a range of metal samples and identify the material and processing history by comparing what you see with reference sources.
To do this:
Your tutor will provide you with a selection of ferrous and non-ferrous specimens that have been prepared for micro-examination and are of known origin (composition and processing history, see the images in the attachment).
You need to:
- Examine the surface of each image (attached below) and make visual records of what you see. These are annotated to identify features of the grain structures such as grain boundaries, impurities, phases (for example, pearlite, and ferrite in steel);
- Compare the surface image against a data source and identify the material and processing history (for example, cold-rolled mild steel will have elongated [distorted] ferrite crystals; cold rolled mild steel followed by annealing will have equiaxed ferrite crystals).
findings of your micro-examinations and consider the effects of processing history and material composition on the mechanical properties of your tested materials, for example, increased hardness caused by cold working or heat treatment.
Your report should include:
- Annotated images of the examined samples (attached below)
- Evidence of identification against the reference source with comparative commentary (micrograph number from websitedoitpoms.ac.UK)
- An annotated phase diagram for each specimen (attached below)
Information about the effect that impurities and grain boundaries have on the mechanical properties of materials
- Explain how the micro-structures of non-processed metallic materials affect the mechanical properties of the materials.
- Explain how the micro-structures of processed metallic materials affect the mechanical properties of the materials.
- Analyze, using an accredited data source, the microstructures of non-processed and processed metallic materials to correctly identify the material, including how the processing history affects the mechanical properties of the materials.
- Evaluate, using an accredited data source, the microstructures of non-processed and processed metallic materials to correctly identify the material, including how the processing history, impurities, and grain boundaries affect the mechanical properties of the materials.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay