- Vegetable oil is an important component of cooking and food preparation in many cultures: Economics Assignment, UOC, UK
- Identify further areas for development through mentoring and Discuss the different methods of coaching and training available to the coach: Coaching and Mentoring Assignment, UOW, UK
- BBS003-1: DIL Haulage (Leighton Buzzard UK) What issues may impact the company’s development and growth? Issues: Foundations of Business Communication Assignment, BU, UK
- Unit 40: Produce a critical evaluation of the international marketing context, including insights into how organizations should adapt their marketing strategies for various markets: International Marketing Assignment, CU, UK
- On September 6th, Thursday, AXION Airways announced it had suffered a breach resulting in the theft of customer data: OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Ali works as Maternity Support Worker. Whilst attending a birth on a labour ward during a very busy period when staffing levels: Health and Social Care Provision Assignment, UU, UK
- Maxwell Building in Peel Park campus, University of Salford, is to be demolished and replaced with a 6-storey building: Soil Mechanics Assignment, ICL, UK
- COM4009: You have joined the technical support team at a small firm (100 employees) with plans for rapid expansion.: Productivity and Collaboration Tools for Learning and Work Assignment, AU, UK
- Bicycle Rack When a full design specification was produced and the weighted objective procedure carried out: Engineering design Assignment, UOB, UK
- Explain why legislation is necessary to protect the rights of individuals who cannot make decisions for themselves.: Understanding mental capacity Assignment, OAL, UK
- Critically discuss the following statement by Anita Roddick with reference to the value paradox: Business Management Assignment, OBU, UK
- 5CO01: Organizational change is a constant in many organizations, driven by a number of different forces including customers, markets, and technology: Organisational performance and culture in practice Assignment, CIPD, UK
- You should propose and outline your strategy drawing on the findings of your critical audit: Digital Marketing Assignment, UOP, UK
- Describe what is meant by the term ‘unsafe practices that may affect the well-being of individuals: Safeguarding Assignment, BCU, UK
- Identify the power of the police to reduce the impact of crime on society: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- Identify the knowledge and information about the system of criminal justice and its alternative to reduce crime in the community: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- The learning procedure about offender management changes my opinion about the justice system: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- Identify that police is one of the important characteristics in the justice society to reduce crime in the community: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- From the individual week, I learned about the development of criminology and its various characteristic that influences the diverse range: Security and Offender Management Assignment, DC, Ireland
- Discuss how the supply chain activities of Cross Docking and Activity Based Costing enable transport operators to reduce costs: Global Supply Chain Management Assignment, UOS, UK
MAST4001: Explain two different methods to solve a quadratic equation and what is meant by a real root: Algebraic Methods Assignment, UOK, UK
|University||University of kent (UOK)|
|Subject||MAST4001: Algebraic Methods|
a) Explain two different methods to solve a quadratic equation and what is meant by a real root. For each, describe an instance where it would be appropriate to use this method and give an example calculation.
b) Define the discriminant (sometimes known as determinant) of a quadratic equation and, using your own words, explain how it can be used to determine the number of solutions to the equation. Show example calculations to where one, two, or no real roots are found. Use hand-drawn or software-generated graphs to show the roots of the quadratic and indicate which roots are real.
c) Explain in your own words how to determine whether a geometric series will:
- oscillate Define any algebraic variables you use.
d) Give an example of each type of series and carry out an example calculation to show that it converges, diverges, or oscillates.
You can either print out the document and answer on the sheet, or answer on separate paper. Once you’ve finished, either scan or clearly photograph your answers to upload them to your assignment.
a) Express x² + 4x – 7 in the form (x + p)² – q, where p and q are integers.
b) Hence, or otherwise, find the coordinates of the minimum point of the curve y = x² + 4x – 7.
3. The quadratic equation x² + (3k + 1)x + (4 – 9k), where k is constant, has repeated roots.
a) Show that 9k² + 42k – 15 = 0.
b) Hence find the possible values of k.
a) Find the binomial expansion of (2 + 3x)5, simplifying the terms.
b) Hence find the binomial expansion of (2 + 3x)5 – (2 – 3x)5
a) Evaluate and simplify the following logarithm to find x 2logb 5 + ½ log 9 − log 3 = logo x
c) The formula for the amount of energy E (in joules) released by an earthquake is E = (1.74 × 1019 × 101.44M) where M is the magnitude of the earthquake on the Richter scale.
i. The Newcastle earthquake in 1989 had a magnitude of 5 on the Richter scale. How many joules were released?
ii. In an earthquake in San Francisco in the 1900s the amount of energy released was double that of the Newcastle earthquake. What was its Richter magnitude?
The first term of an infinite geometric series is 96. The common ratio of the series is 0.4.
a) Find the third term of the series.
b) Find the sum to infinity of the series.
An arithmetic series has first term a and common difference d. The sum of the first ten terms of the series is 460.
a) Show that 2a + 9d = 92.
b) Given also that the 25th term of the sequence is 241, find the value of d.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Students Assignment Help UK offers the best Online Assignment Help to college students who wish to score top grades in their MAST4001: Algebraic Methods assignment. Our team of subject-oriented and highly qualified writers promises to deliver the best quality solution on engineering assignments at a discounted price.