- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
Fuzz testing using Web Applications And Design and development of a fuzzer: Secure Systems Development Assignment, MMU, UK
|Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
|Secure Systems Development
Part 1: Fuzz testing using Web Applications
Part2: Design and development of a fuzzer
We are using Kali Linux distribution for this part. An online OS is available here:
A web application like WFuzz can be found in the Web Application Analysis section of the Kali Linux menu. Wizz is a command-line utility included in Kali Linux. It is used to discover common vulnerabilities in web applications through the method of fuzzing. Fuzzing is the concept of trying many known vulnerable inputs with a web application to determine if any of the inputs compromise the web application. It is a great tool to be able to quickly check common vulnerabilities against an application. It is also valuable for testing previously reported vulnerabilities to ensure that regressions don’t occur in an application.
1. A payload to test against the target application
2. The parameter to inject the payload into
3. The target application URL
In addition to this, we often need to provide a cookie to fuzz for it to properly reach the vulnerable component. This is done by adding the -b argument. This is required if you need to authenticate to get to the section of the application you wish to attack.
To understand how to fuzz can be used, suppose that we have a login page that uses SQL to query if the user provides a valid username or password. When we submit the login form, the form will post the username and password as parameters. If the username and password is valid, the user is sent to a welcome page. In all other cases, they will get an error saying invalid username or password.
With login forms like this, we often want to check for the possibility of SQL injection. This is a task that fuzz would be perfect for. To start, we need to determine how the data is sent to the backend when it is submitted by the user. To do this, we can use a tool like Burp Suite to intercept the packet sent when the submit button is pressed. Doing this will show us how the post data is formatted.
From this intercept, we can see that data is passed to the server in the format
“username=input&password=input”. We can tell fuzz to send data in this format, and it will successfully be able to send post requests to the login page. To do this, we can use the command:
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
To break down this command, we can take a look at what each argument provides to fuzz. To start, the flag -c makes the output of the terminal color, which just makes the results easier to read. The flag -z specifies the payload to use to fuzz the webpage. The argument provided is a file, which is located at
/usr/share/wordlists/wfuzz/Injections/SQL.txt. Kali Linux keeps all the wordlists for each program in /usr/share/wordlists. Inside the fuzz folder, you will find all the common wordlists that fuzz is set up to use. In this case, I’ve used the SQL injection wordlist to look at common SQL injections. You can just as easily add to these lists or create your own if you have specific test cases you want to apply.
After this, we use the -d flag to specify what data to post to the server. As we discussed, the format is “username=INPUT&password=INPUT”. In this case, I set the username to admin and set the password to FUZZ. Wfuzz is set up to replace the keyword FUZZ with the words within the provided payload file, so in this example, we are injecting SQL injection keywords into the password parameter. Finally, we supply the target URL and run the application. Once this is done, we will get an output, similar to what is shown below.
Part 2: To make software or systems crash or break through their defenses, fuzz testing often includes entering huge volumes of random data, known as fuzz, into the software or system being tested. If a vulnerability is discovered, a fuzzer software program can be used to determine the root cause.
Use the example above to design and develop a fuzzy that will identify the weaknesses and supply some code fix options. Provide a technical note that includes the following:
1. Design and development of the fuzzer
2. Automatic Detection of the code weaknesses
3. Discussion on the impact of the weaknesses identified
4. Research a vulnerable application in Exploit DB1 search and pick the exploits, which have that respective application available for download, and reproduce the exploit by using a fuzzer of your choice
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay