- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
ENG7143: Critically analyze project management methodologies and tools for implementing a successful project: Principles of Project Management Assignment, BCU, UK
|Birmingham City University (BCU)
|ENG7143: Principles of Project Management
- Learning Outcomes to be Assessed:
- Critically analyze project management methodologies and tools for implementing a successful project.
- Evaluate approaches to human resource management for a successful project noting cultural, social, and economic influences.
- Assess the role of quality and risk management in the delivery of successful projects.
- Evaluate the usefulness of current tools and software, such as Prince II as a methodology.
The Project Management Institute defines project management as the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements. This assignment will help the students to apply these skills by investigating real-world issues associated with project management. Allowing them to improve their ability to understand, analyze and synthesize complex scenarios and apply them to a case study. Within the discipline of initiating, planning, executing, and managing resources with the goal of completing specific deliverables within budget and time. The student will have an opportunity at the end of the module to monitor their project management knowledge, by an online quiz.
Tesla Inc is an American electric car and clean energy company based in California, USA.
Tesla’s future project is to build another Gigafactory in Austin, Texas. (Please note, the assumption will be made about the new upcoming Gigafactoryin this case study, but only for the purpose of this assignment).
The new Gigafactory project will start on January 1, 2022, and will be completed in time for the start of the 2024 season (project duration of 2 years). If the project is delayed past the completion date, the company will start to occur a cost of $1,000,000 per day, against the initial budget set aside for the project. Elon Musk, the CEO of the company revealed the cost of the project could be as much as $1 Billion
- Phase one
(infrastructure) of the project will start by sourcing the appropriate site to construct the new Gigafactory. Activity is known as site selection; this will last for 30 days. Once the land is sourced in Austin, Texas after careful consideration, work will begin for land preparation which will take around 35 days to complete. The design and planning for the facilities will start simultaneously. The design activity will last for 35 days and planning will take 55 days to complete. Next will come to the built phase, the actual construction of the building. One of the longest activities of the project, lasting about 150 days. To complete the construction and to make the building watertight, a roof must be constructed, which will add another 60 days to the project. Only once it becomes watertight, the plumbing and the electrics will be allowed to be installed simultaneously. Plumbing will take around 30 days and electrics a little longer than 40 days. Finally, to complete the first stage of the project a final inspection of work will be carried out, this can take up to 10 days to inspect.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
- Phase two
(internal assembly and support systems) is the construction and integration of the internal manufacturing assembly system. An assembly system is a robotic manufacturing process in which parts are added as the product (vehicle) moves from work area to work area, where the parts are added in sequence until the final product is produced. The integration of all the systems represents the most significant technical challenge to the project. In order of production, the first area to be fitted out will be the battery and drivetrain assembly area, a 70 days activity. This is followed by a seat assembly area of 50 days and a final vehicle assembly area of 80 days. To finalise the production stage, a paint and ventilation area will be completed in 90 days. Eventually, to support the production a central supply building needs to be constructed (100 Days) and finally, a test track outside the building (80 days) to test out the final product before it leaves the Gigafactory.
- To ensure the success of the project, you need to identify and discuss the methods of project planning and project control that can be used.
- Will the project be able to be completed by the January 2024 deadline? Construct a network schedule for the project.
- How long will it take and what is the critical path for the project?
- What steps might be taken to improve the timing schedule if the project were required to be completed 100 days earlier? Include a Gantt chart for the project plan.
Higher marks are awarded if done using appropriate project planning software and correct with no errors.
- Develop a proper project budget, justifying your choices and estimates.
What are the estimated costs of the deliverables?
What weaknesses exist in the estimation approach?
- What project management methodologies can be used for implementing this project successfully?
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Are you finding a cheap assignment writer? then studentsassignmenthelp.co.uk is the perfect place for you because we have a group of experienced writers who give you Principles of Project Management Assignment solutions. according to your university requirement and submit it within the deadline. besides you also check out our homework help service at a nominal price.