- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
CSC20002: The IDEA home Furnishings Company to Design and Implement a Database-driven Website to meet the Company’s Requirements: Database Systems Assignment, UK
|University of Keele (UOK)
|CSC20002: Database Systems
Background Information and Requirements
The IDEA home furniture company (a fictitious company) maintains a large database of home furnishing products, such as furniture, carpets, lamps, rugs, etc., which are bought by its customers. Due to the difference in the size of the products that they sell, products are either for delivery or collection in the store. All products have a price and a description along with other details, whilst if an item is for delivery then the company needs to hold the dimensions of the product (for calculating postage costs) and for items for collection it holds the weight.
The company has many stores across the country and each store has a number of employees. Certain employees deal with the delivery of products bought online, such as organising and posting, while other employees deal with the products for collection. Customers have unique accounts with the company and the company wants to hold details of past purchases so that they may in the future build up a picture of the items purchased by customers for marketing purposes. The company needs to hold details relating to products purchased online, either for delivery or, if for collection, then it needs to hold details of the collection arrangements with the customer. Each store has a number of suppliers who deliver the products for sale in the store.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Use the background information about the IDEA home furnishings company to design and implement a database-driven Website to meet the company’s requirements. The database must be implemented using Oracle DBMS and PHP as a server-side scripting language. No marks will be given if any other DBMS or server-side scripting languages are used. You may use any scripting language on the client-side in addition to the plain HTML. Specifically, you need to:
1. Identify the main entity types, their relationships, and various constraints or enterprise rules. You should then construct a conceptual Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) and the corresponding logical ERD for this database system using the extended UML notation (Ref: Lecture notes & Connolly & Begg, 2010). Show all multiplicity constraints clearly and make sure that all the important attributes are represented.
2. Map the ERD constructed in (1) above onto a relational database schema using the Oracle SQL. Define all primary and foreign keys clearly. Normalisation is NOT required for this assignment. You should then use Oracle SQL*Plus to populate the database with sufficient sample records in order to enable various queries to be performed. It is advisable to use a .sql script to save all the statements that are relevant for this exercise not only as proof of your work but also as a means of simplifying debugging or applying changes to the database schema without the need for re-typing the whole set of SQL statements over and over again.
3. Create a neat HTML-based Web interface for retrieving data from the database and displaying it on the Web. Database connectivity should be implemented using the Oracle Call Interface (OCI) functions and SQL queries should be embedded in PHP. Include adequate options for querying the database for specific items and for general browsing.
4. Write a short coherent report (not exceeding 1000 words) summarising the functional requirements of the company, an explanation of your database design and its implementation [Note that the ERD, SQL statements and the PHP code do not give a full explanation]. Finalise your report with a brief appraisal of your application’s features. A URL (and login credentials, if any) for your index Web page should be clearly written in the report.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Searching for someone to do my assignment for me on CSC20002: Database Systems Assignment? then you are at a precise place. At Students Assignment Help we have designed a team of academic assignment experts who provide the best assistance on coursework writing, dissertation writing, essay writing help on any topics related to computer science subjects. Our experts work round the clock to serve error-free and 100% plagiarism-free solutions at an affordable price.