- LAW6006: Critically analyze the role and nature of the employment tribunal Is the current structure effective: Employment Law Assignment, AU, UK
- 5CO03: You have been asked by your CIPD Branch to lead a discussion at one of its events: Professional Behaviors And Valuing People Assignment, UOL, UK
- LART 1001: Is it possible to isolate from globalization and Why and why not Challenges and opportunities of Globalization: Introduction to Civics and Ethics Assignment, ASTU, UK
- MATHS4102: Effective heat transfer is essential for energy systems. In a smooth channel, heat transfer is achieved by forced convection: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UOG, UK
- 6008LBSBSC: UK Oil Plc is involved in upstream, oil exploration and production in the North Sea, United Kingdom: Strategic Corporate and Project Finance Assignment, LJMU, UK
- MAST4001: Explain two different methods to solve a quadratic equation and what is meant by a real root: Algebraic Methods Assignment, UOK, UK
- Explain any 2 Covid 19 organizational challenges and their possible solutions: Human Resources Management Assignment, QUB, UK
- Explain the importance of a holistic approach to assessment and planning of care or support: Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care Assignment, CRC, UK
- Different ideologies of education lead to different ways of looking at the curriculum, or curriculum: Developing Professional Practice Assignment, UOE, UK
- Produce a display or booklet for your setting that gives clear information on the ages and stages of a child’s development: Children’s Learning and Development Assignment, EHU, UK
- You work as a Test Engineer for a global manufacturer of electrical and mechanical components and systems: Mathematics Assignment, NUN, UK
- MT1174: You are working as a Junior Engineer for a small motor racing team and You have been given a proposed mathematical: Calculus Assignment, UOL, UK
- You are working as a tax senior in Jhon& Smith tax consultants and You have just earned your new role of tax: Taxation Assignment, OU, UK
- You will demonstrate independent thinking relating to individual case management and preparation of the perioperative environment: Storyboards Assignment, LAU, UK
- Identify an appropriate theme and title for a research project and Develop and justify a research hypothesis using relevant literature: Healthcare science Assignment, MUL, UK
- Using the role, you have decided upon for your future career, write an information sheet for someone who is considering studying: Health and Social Care Assignment, LMU, UK
- LAWS2029: Discuss the purpose of employment regulation and the way that it is enforced in practice: Foundations in Criminal Evidence Law Assignment, UOS, UK
- LAWS2029: Explain how the legal and evidential burdens will apply to the prosecution of Dean for the murder: Foundations in Criminal Evidence Law Assignment, UOS, UK
- Explain how your research fits into existing published work and Do this by locating and critically reviewing about 10-12 sources: Research Methods Assignment, UON, UK
- You work as a digital marketing analyst, for Cambridge Digital, a marketing consultancy company: Master of Digital Marketing Assignment, UOM, UK
CE869: Your task for this assignment is to implement a 16 bit CPU To make the assignment feasible within the time frame: High Level Logic Design Assignment, UOE, UK
|University||university of Essex (UOE)|
|Subject||CE869: High Level Logic Design|
Your task for this assignment is to implement a 16 bit CPU. To make the assignment feasible within the time frame available for this module, the type of CPU will be fairly simple. In particular, the “program sequencing/control flow instruction” datapath can be modeled after the one on the left of Figure 1, while the “arithmetic/logic instruction” datapath can follow a structure like the one on the right in the same figure. Please notice that when RAE and/or RBE is low, the corresponding output(s) will simply match the input “I” to the register file. The opcodes for the instructions that the CPU is required to implement are given in Table 1. You are also required to implement a decode unit in the control unit to interpret the ‘Effects’ and control signals from the output of each instruction.
Figure 1: The figure shows the “program sequencing/control flow instruction” datapath and the “arithmetic/logic instruction” datapath (right).
To test your CPU, you will design the main entity that instantiates the CPU and connects it to the Basys3 peripherals. The sixteen switches of the Basys3 board will represent the input to the CPU while its output will be shown as a hexadecimal number in the four digits of the 7-segment display. The central button will be used as a reset signal to the CPU.
To test the CPU you will be asked to code two programs in the assembly and machine languages of the CPU, implementing the following tasks
- Given a nonzero number N as input, output the sum of the natural numbers less than N;
- Given a number N as input, output “N div 11” (i.e. the integer quotient of the division between N and 11, “TRUNC(N/11)”);
These design specifications should be interpreted as guidelines and should not constrain you from improving the CPU by doing modifications that you think would result in a better “product”. The test programs above, though, should be implemented using only the instructions in Table 1. You are welcome to implement more elaborated programs to test the capabilities and the limitations of the CPU.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question