- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
CE869: Your task for this assignment is to implement a 16 bit CPU To make the assignment feasible within the time frame: High Level Logic Design Assignment, UOE, UK
|university of Essex (UOE)
|CE869: High Level Logic Design
Your task for this assignment is to implement a 16 bit CPU. To make the assignment feasible within the time frame available for this module, the type of CPU will be fairly simple. In particular, the “program sequencing/control flow instruction” datapath can be modeled after the one on the left of Figure 1, while the “arithmetic/logic instruction” datapath can follow a structure like the one on the right in the same figure. Please notice that when RAE and/or RBE is low, the corresponding output(s) will simply match the input “I” to the register file. The opcodes for the instructions that the CPU is required to implement are given in Table 1. You are also required to implement a decode unit in the control unit to interpret the ‘Effects’ and control signals from the output of each instruction.
Figure 1: The figure shows the “program sequencing/control flow instruction” datapath and the “arithmetic/logic instruction” datapath (right).
To test your CPU, you will design the main entity that instantiates the CPU and connects it to the Basys3 peripherals. The sixteen switches of the Basys3 board will represent the input to the CPU while its output will be shown as a hexadecimal number in the four digits of the 7-segment display. The central button will be used as a reset signal to the CPU.
To test the CPU you will be asked to code two programs in the assembly and machine languages of the CPU, implementing the following tasks
- Given a nonzero number N as input, output the sum of the natural numbers less than N;
- Given a number N as input, output “N div 11” (i.e. the integer quotient of the division between N and 11, “TRUNC(N/11)”);
These design specifications should be interpreted as guidelines and should not constrain you from improving the CPU by doing modifications that you think would result in a better “product”. The test programs above, though, should be implemented using only the instructions in Table 1. You are welcome to implement more elaborated programs to test the capabilities and the limitations of the CPU.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question