- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
A wing section structure is in the form of a two-cell box in which the vertical spars are connected to the wing: Structural design and Care Assignment, US, UK
|University of Sheffield (US)
|Structural design and Care Assignment
UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE
School of Physics, Engineering and Computer Science
A wing section structure is in the form of a two-cell box in which the vertical spars are connected to the wing skin through a set of angle sections as shown below in Figure 1. The geometry is defined using the notation shown.
A1, A2, A3 denote cross-sectional areas of the angle sections, l1, l2, h are lengths of the wing skins between the angle sections and t1, t2, t3, t4, t5 skin thicknesses.
An axis system Oxyz is defined where Ox lies on the axis of symmetry of the section, y is vertically up and z measures spanwise position along the wing with the root being at z = 0.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
The wing section is made of an aluminium alloy having the following properties:
Young’s modulus of 70 GPa
Poisson’s Ratio of 0.3
Tensile strength (Yield) of 276 MPa
(1) The section is subject to a positive bending moment 50000 Nm about the x-axis.
(i) Idealise the section (ie determine equivalent boom areas) to simplify the
structural strength analysis.
(ii) Calculate Ixx passing through the centroid.
(iii) Determine the bending stresses arising from the applied bending moment.
(2) For this part of the assignment, you may assume that the design is modified so that the boom areas may be taken as A1 = 650 mm2
; A2 = 1150 mm2
; A3 = 850 mm2
. A shear force
Sy = 30000N in the positive y direction acts at a point 400 mm aft of the front spar of the structure. The booms may be assumed to take all the direct stress and the skins only shear stress.
(i) Determine the shear stresses arising from the applied shear force at the given location.
(ii) Locate the shear centre of the structure. To do this, the steps are as follows:
(a) Calculate the rate of change of twist angle with respect to length from the
results in (i).
(b) Determine the torque necessary to produce the same rate of change of twist angle in the opposite direction. This is done by using the theory of Lecture ASDA2. You will find shear flows q1, q2 and q3 rate of change of twist angle rather than the torque.
(c) Divide the resulting torque by the shear force Sy. This will give the required
location of the Sy to produce no twist relative to its assumed location of 0.4m aft of the front spar of the structure.
(3) The analysis you have just completed has been motivated mainly by looking at the strength of the structure. Briefly discuss what other analysis you think would be necessary as part of the structural clearance of the wing
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Struggling with the Structural Design and Care Assignment at the University of Sheffield (US) in the UK? You’re in luck! Our specialized services offer dedicated online assignment help uk for students working on complex tasks like analyzing wing section structures.
When it comes to dissertations, our expertise shines as Dissertation Help UK. Trust our experts to guide you through your coursework, ensuring success in your Structural Design and Care Assignment at US, UK.