- Review Amazon’s supply chain. How is Amazon’s supply chain different from that of traditional brick-and-mortar retailers: Supply Chain Management Essay, UoM, UK
- HS1924: Mental Health Field Scenario to be used. A service user who left home at 16 and struggled emotionally and financially: Mental Health And Well Being in Integrated Care Essay, CUL, UK
- Define and then briefly discuss FIVE of the following six ideologies by describing what sort of systems and policies: Politics Essay, UOC, UK
- Identify the legislation, policy, and guidelines impacting healthcare delivery. Describe the impact of Key requirements: Professional Health Practice Essay, UOS, UK
- Demonstrate a range of interpersonal and transferable communication skills to a target audience. Apply critical reasoning and thinking: Professional Practice Essay, UOK, UK
- Define basic algorithms to carry out an operation and outline the process of programming an application: Programming Essay, HWU, UK
- Consider how your own values, belief systems, and experiences affect working practice. Discuss how your own emotions affect: Leadership Management in Adult Social Care Essay, UOS, UK
- BA5UK57O: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of business research to assess information needs and provide organizations: Research Methods Essay, UoWL, UK
- Explain the importance of promoting equality and diversity for individuals with different needs: Health and Social Care Management Essay, NU, UK
- Describe the current legislative framework and national guidance that underpins the safeguarding of adults: Safeguarding in Adult Care Essay, KU, UK
- DEM301: Describe a range of causes of dementia syndrome Definition. Describe the types of memory impairment: Understand the process and Experience of Dementia Essay, UOB, UK
- 5HR02: I am new to people practice and have heard that workforce planning is important. Before I try to convince: Talent Management & Workforce Planning Essay, CIPD, UK
- Evaluate own role and responsibilities in effective information management and in supporting others to effectively: Leadership and Management in Healthcare Essay, UOE, UK
- 5HR02: How can organizations strategically position themselves in competitive labour markets? What is the impact of changing: Talent Management & Workforce Planning Essay, CIPD, UK
- Appraise the role of immersive technologies and the Internet of Things (IoT) to enhance the delivery of construction projects: Building Information Management Essay, UoP, UK
- Using examples and analyzing potential conflicts between the requirements of organizational and other codes of professional precise: Counselling Essay, UOE, UK
- Critically review theoretical models of assessment, you should include outcome-based practice. Discuss the effectiveness of assessment tools: Health and Wellbeing Essay, UOY, UK
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic theory and practice of financial and management accounting and its basic terms: Accounting Essay, TUM, UK
- Health and social care workers need to ensure that individuals have the right to choose what happens to them, while ensuring: Adult Care Essay, UOL, UK
- Moral/social case includes respect, dignity, acceptance, and understanding of cultural differences, tolerance, friendship: Diploma in People Management Essay, CIPD, UK
4HW089: The diminished need for physical labor, and obesity combined create an environment that promotes CVD: Cardiovascular Disease Essay, UOW,UK
|University||University of Wolverhampton (UOW)|
|Subject||4HW089: Cardiovascular Disease|
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is still the leading cause of death in the United States and globally. The term cardiovascular disease refers to conditions of the heart and blood vessels including, but not limited to, hypertension, coronary heart disease, congestive heart failure, and stroke. In the United States, 85.6 million Americans have some form of CVD (Der Ananian et al. 2018). According to the American Heart Association in 2017, CVD is responsible for over 800,000 deaths a year. Rates of CVD have soared with the increased consumption of energy-dense foods (EDF). The affordability of EDF, the diminished need for physical labor, and obesity combined create an environment that promotes CVD (Diez Roux et al. 2006).
Environments and behaviors increase rates of CVD. Factors that result in obesity and diabetes, such as increased consumption of EDF and reduced physical activity, increase the risk of CVD Diez Roux et al. 2006). Environmental, socioeconomic, and behavioral factors play important roles in the incidence of CVD. Access to quality foods, healthcare, and recreation combined with employment, cost of foods, and behavioral habits (smoking, alcohol abuse, and inactivity) impact rates of CVD. Low socioeconomic and minority communities experience these factors disproportionately (Diez Roux et al. 2006). These communities often lack food and health amenities, employment, and safe means of physical activity perpetuating the cycle of disproportional incidence of CVD.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
African Americans account for little more than 13% of the United States population, approximately 46.3 million, and are three times more likely to develop CVD and are two times more likely to die due to CVD compared to their non-Hispanic white counterparts (Der Ananian et al. 2018). This disparity, historically attributed to genetic factors, has according to research, been shown less determinative than socioeconomic, environmental, and behavioral factors to impact incidence and mortality of CVD more directly than genetics Diez Roux et al. 2006). Access to food directly affects choice and in communities lacking adequate access, contributes to increased consumption of energy-dense foods (EDF), which, in turn, increases rates of obesity and CVD (Diez Roux et al. 2006). Diamant et al. (2005) stated that about thirty-two percent of calories are acquired away from home. As portions of EDF increase and the cost of EDF decrease, persons with fewer resources rely more heavily on these foods and beverages increasing their risk to CVD.
This review seeks to find what factors act as barriers to the adoption of healthier habits. Kern et al. (2017) stated that low socioeconomic status is related to lower consumption of a diet that promotes cardiovascular health, as it is more expensive to sustain economically. It has been suggested that policy changes at all levels should shift toward healthier outcomes due to the complexity of food choices in addition to cost (Afshin et al. 2015).
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
If you have ever had to deal with the stress of writing a university assignment, then we can understand your pain! This is why our online assignment service exists; to help students get through each and every one of their assignments without having to struggle alone. We also provide essay writing service and dissertation writing services. So if you are in need of some extra help, then we would be more than happy to assist you!