BA3005: A Carpet Shop Specializes In Selling Six Types Of Fine Carpets: Managing Data And Information Course Work, BCU, UK
|University||Birmingham City University (BCU)|
|Subject||BA3005: Managing Data And Information|
A carpet shop specializes in selling six types of fine carpets named simply as “Iranian”, “Algerian”, “Turkish”, “Peruvian”, “Uzbek” and “Malian”. The shop wants you to create an Excel sales table consisting of the following entries:
|Type of carpet||N° of units sold||Price (£)||Total (£)|
You are supposed to use data validation to retrieve any carpet (and its price) as a list of the cell presented in green above. The price (£) should be retrieved from the following table using an XLOOKUP formula. The number of carpets (N° of units) should not exceed TWO. The Total (£) column should be calculated using the following Excel formula:
𝑇𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑙 = 𝑁° 𝑜𝑓 𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑑 × 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑒
|Type of carpet||Price (£)|
Use Excel to produce some useful screenshots and formulae to show your understanding of how to use the data validation facility on Excel to retrieve information from specific cases from the table above. In particular, you should show how to retrieve the price and the total (In £) for the “Malian” carpet. You should insert all your screenshots and explanation on a maximum of TWO pages.
An airline company surveyed its passengers regarding their experience through the airport. In particular, they wanted to examine the level of their satisfaction and the time taken to get through the airport.
The satisfaction level is measured using scores from 0=Not at all satisfied to 60=Very satisfied.
The time through the airport was measured by giving each passenger a card once they arrive at the airport to be returned to an agent once they reach the departure lounge and the time measured in minutes.
The following questionnaire was used. The data is recorded in the filename “Airport.xlsx”.
1. Produce well labelled frequency and percentage frequency tables for each of the following variables:
- Type (of travel)
2. Draw a well-labeled bar chart representing the variable “Age”.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
3. Use Excel formulae to calculate the descriptive statistics (Location and spread) for the variable “Satisfaction”. The descriptive should include the minimum, maximum, both quartiles, mean, median, variance, standard deviation, range and inter-quartile
4. Draw a well-labeled box plot for the variable “Satisfaction” split by “Class” of
5. Draw a scatter diagram of the “satisfaction” score against “time” taken and show the linear regression equation in context (not in x and y).
A builder contacted you for project management work in order to plan a medium-scale building project. He knew all the different activities of the job, their precedence, and their average durations which he shared with you. They are shown in the table below.
|Activity||Duration (Weeks)||Preceding activities|
|C||3||A and B|
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
1. Draw a network diagram and conduct the forward and backward
2. State the duration of this project and the critical
3. Explain, without doing any calculation, what would happen to the project if the actual duration of activity A is two No more than 20 words.
|Activity name||Earliest start time||Earliest finish time|
|Activity duration||Latest start time||Latest finish time|
A small hotel with 8 rooms is located in central London. Based on records over the last 5 years, it was estimated that the probability a room is occupied on any particular “weekend” night (Saturday and Sunday) is 0.7. This is the probability of success.
On any particular “weekend” night, a hotel is only occupied (Success) or not occupied (Failure). There are no other possibilities.
1. What is the probability that FOUR or more rooms are occupied on any particular weekend night? Show all your calculations using a well laid-out Excel spreadsheet
The occupancy rate on any particular night during a week-day (Monday to Friday) is assumed to be 50%, i.e. a room has a probability of 0.5 to be occupied during any week-day.
On the first Monday of January, 2 out of the 8 rooms were occupied.
2. What is the p-value? You need to show the table of values for your calculations
Are you still searching for coursework help on (BA3005) Managing Data And Information? Search no more, Here, our management assignment helper is skilled in such types of assignments will do your all kind of assignments in a brief amount of time and also in a pocket-friendly rate.