- The UK Manufacturing UK LTD is facing an array of issues that require a sound understanding: Management Decision Making Assignment, USM, UK
- Identify sources of information and guidance about how to support a child or young person: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Explain why it is important to take full account of a child or young person’s level of understanding: Child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your understanding: Understand the Market in which an organisation operates Course Work, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand is facing today: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Explain the work and service Cambridge Analytica provided Trump’s campaign: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Write up and return a report on what you have done and what you have found out. Aim – why was this investigation carried out?: IFP CHEMISTRY Lab Assignment, UK
- AC502 Assess what is meant by an integrated health and social care system: L5 Adult Care Course Work, BCU, UK
- Assess how services are commissioned, procured, and funded: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- Analyse legislation, policy, and practices underpinning safe and fair recruitment: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Evaluate how own and others’ values and priorities influence decision-making processes: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Analyse the role of data, information, and intelligence in making evidence-based decisions to improve quality: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- IF6101 This module is designed to prepare students for study in third-level programmes involving mathematics: Mathematics Course Work, UOL, UK
- STAT4002 It was claimed that 60% of people wanted a regulation to ban mobile phone usage on public transport: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- The Environment Protection Agency has developed a testing programme to monitor petrol vehicle emission: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Do you agree with this sentence? “If something has a probability of 0.7 it can be expected: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Describe the type of each of the following variables. i. Pulse 1 ii. Ran iii. Activity: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- For this assessment, you are required to produce a 3000-word research briefing, which addresses the following topic: Criminology Coursework, UCL, UK
- COS5028-B Investigate UCI’s “Solar Flare Dataset” to have basic understanding of their significance and meaning: Artificial Intelligence Coursework, UOB, UK
MATH1145: You are asked to calculate the distance covered by the vehicle in the time between 0 and 10 seconds both by analytical integration (exact solution) and by 5 different numerical integration approximations: Engineering Mathematics Coursework, UOG, UK
|University of Greenwich (UOG)
MATH1145 – Engineering Mathematics II
Mathematical analysis and MATLAB modelling coursework Mechanical Engineering, Academic year: 2020-2021
Use the template provided on Moodle to prepare your submission. Submission Deadline: Upload your individual reports by 2nd April 2021, 11:30 pm
For more information about the Rubric, refer to the Assessment details document on Moodle.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
TASK 1: numerical integration and differentiation tasks (40%)
a) The velocity of a vehicle, for 0 ≤ 𝑡 ≤ 10𝑠𝑒𝑐 is described by the function:
𝑣(𝑡) = 50 + (𝑐 + 1) × 𝑡 × cos (𝑡) (km/h), where c is the last digit of your student ID. You are asked to calculate the distance covered by the vehicle in the time between 0 and 10 seconds, both by analytical integration (exact solution) and by 5 different numerical integration approximations:
i) The 3 Riemann sums (left, right & midpoint)
ii) The trapezoidal rule, and
iii) The Simson’s Rule, and demonstrate how each of these methods converges to the exact solution, as you increase the number of the sub-intervals you will use to discretise the time interval t[0,10]. Reflect on the results.
b) Insert the discrete acceleration time history ‘THS_0c’ (where c is the last digit of your student ID) in MATLAB and apply any valid numerical integration method to calculate the velocity and displacement time histories. Then apply any numerical differentiation technique to the displacement time history to go back to velocity and acceleration. Comment on the results or any discrepancies you observe.
Extra task: Try to use less discrete points for the displacement time history (re-sample, e.g. one every 2, every 4 or every 5 points), and differentiate again. Compare and reflect on the results.
TASK 2: Application of ODEs into the analysis of a beam (60%)
Consider a beam with an inverted tee-shaped cross-section which is made of stainless steel (𝐸 = 210𝐺𝑃𝑎) and it is fixed in one end and supported on a pin on the other end, as shown in the figure. The beam is subject to a uniformly distributed load 𝑞0 along its whole length.
a) Develop the ODE of the problem. Solve the ODE to get the analytical solution.
b) Solve the ODE applying a Finite differences stencil, until you achieve satisfactory agreement with the analytical solution. Show the formulation of the equations and program them in MATLAB. Select any method you prefer to solve the linear system of equations.
c) Write a MATLAB code that locates the centroid axes of the cross-section
d) Write a MATLAB code that determines the moment of inertia of the cross-section
e) Apply a suitable numerical analysis to calculate the bending moment and shear force diagrams along the axis of the beam
f) Write a MATLAB code to determine the maximum bending moment and for this moment calculates the stress at points K and H in the cross-section
Cross-section of the beam
Table 1 Parameters for your analysis
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Grab the faultless coursework writing service UK by the StudentsAssignmentHelp.co.uk. Our coursework writers have amazing skills to prepare fresh and original coursework answers on engineering assignments at a cheap price.