- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
Describe and critically analyze the approach you will take from a technical perspective to develop an understanding of what has happened: Digital forensic Assignment MUL, UK
|Middlesex University London(MUL)
Learning Outcomes Assessed
LO1: Discuss the need for and uses of Digital Forensics
LO2: Critically evaluate and implement Digital Forensics techniques
LO3: Analyse malware and perform intrusion analysis
Task 1:You need to act swiftly to preserve as much evidence as you need to uncover what is going on. TDS is not expecting any downtime at the moment. Describe and critically analyze the approach you will take from a technical perspective to develop an understanding of what has happened. Task 1 is purposely vague because we are allowing you a wide scope to develop your own critical thinking in your approach, but there are some hints below of what you might want to consider. Notice that the organization has Active Directory installed. Are the client Pcs joined to the domain? Are the logs saved locally or remotely? What is the benefit of both? At the moment you’re looking at a breach that has been initially noticed from the following Operating Systems: – Windows 7 PC – Windows Server 2019 server. So for all of these tasks you should be describing your approach, and critically analyzing your approach.
What will you request access to, and how will you use that data or information provided?
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
You would want access to the 2 computers for sure, but would you need to check out the other computers? Why so? What could have happened to them? What is this data you will need access to? Do you need to know what websites staff have been visiting? Do you need to check their emails? Who do you talk to to get this? Are you in a legal position to have access to this data?
Consider multiple possibilities without coming to early conclusions. Establish some sort of process and express it possibly with the help of a diagram, flow chart, or other. So here you might want to consider the 8 steps of forensics analysis we talked about in Week 2. Is there another framework you might consider? You should purposely consider a wide range of options that might have happened. Did this come in through a social engineering attempt? An attack on the computer from outside? Server 2019 is new but Win7 is quite old. More options for an attack there. Identify any tools you may use, including built-in tools. So think about what tools you could use at this point, would you go looking for indicators of compromise in the logs in event viewer? Eg. Known malicious Ip addresses, malware hashes? What are some of the event IDs you could look for? Would you use third-party tools? Is there a cost to them? A pros and cons list of different tools and options would be good to see in a table. Remark upon the impact on the business of the approach(es) you decide to take. What action will running these tools have? Will it affect the integrity of the machine? Will we lose or tamper with existing files/logs by doing anything here that could hinder our efforts later on? Again the format of this is quite open to you to choose how to go about answering this. I would advise you to consider these options, but make sure you do it yourself. More marks will be awarded for critical thinking.
CDFnS Makes Progress Following Task 1, you find out that: Some logs have been deleted on the Server (the security logs that are normally viewable in Event Viewer). Thousands of logon attempts were made from the Windows 7 client to the Windows Server before successfully getting access to the admin account. These attempts were made from the client machine on the same evening that it was also downloading files from the file server under the user’s account, with access to a limited number of files. Some logs have been deleted on the Windows 7 client. Once the attacker had gained access to the Server admin account, he could access any files on the file server, and more confidential files were accessed. Neither the Windows 7 client nor the Windows Server 2019 have been rebooted since the event. You propose to take a memory dump and copy of the hard disks for each machine. TDS would like to get to the bottom of this, and accepts, even if they have to take the server offline overnight (for not more than 12 hours). So you’re proposing disk dumps and memory dumps of both the win7 and server 2019 machine now. Your process should take no longer than 12 hours. Getting this done in less than 12 hours all depends on your method of interrogating these dumps.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Explain the benefit of taking memory and disk copies of both machines. For each, what can you expect to determine? What can you find in the RAM dump that you can’t find in the disk dump? And vice versa. What do you get from a disk dump you cannot get from analyzing logs?
For either the Windows 7 client or the Windows Server 2019: Describe briefly the process of taking a memory copy and a disk copy, minimizing impact. For both memory and disk images, describe and critically analyze the approach you would take from a technical perspective to develop a further understanding of what has happened. Identify any tools you may use, and the use of those tools. Consider the precaution is taken and the reason for those cautions. This is all quite self-explanatory. So for the server 2019 OR Win7 OS (you need to specify), you need to talk about software/hardware tools that you could use to take a disk dump and a memory dump for each of them. Show the process of this in screenshots for more marks. You should make sure you reference your screenshots with your J number if it was your own screenshot. Else add a reference to the author of the screenshot. The tools that you use, are they free or paid? What are the pros and cons of each?
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Are you looking for Online assignment help UK? You have been searching for a long still not getting the answers, don’t be sad, our experts will never make you disappoint, they have been solving assignments for the year, and fulfill the expectations of students, students usually come for Homework writing help and none of them get unsatisfied from our services, Now It’s your time do and submit your assignment on time only in affordable rates.