- The UK Manufacturing UK LTD is facing an array of issues that require a sound understanding: Management Decision Making Assignment, USM, UK
- Identify sources of information and guidance about how to support a child or young person: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Explain why it is important to take full account of a child or young person’s level of understanding: Child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your understanding: Understand the Market in which an organisation operates Course Work, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand is facing today: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Explain the work and service Cambridge Analytica provided Trump’s campaign: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Write up and return a report on what you have done and what you have found out. Aim – why was this investigation carried out?: IFP CHEMISTRY Lab Assignment, UK
- AC502 Assess what is meant by an integrated health and social care system: L5 Adult Care Course Work, BCU, UK
- Assess how services are commissioned, procured, and funded: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- Analyse legislation, policy, and practices underpinning safe and fair recruitment: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Evaluate how own and others’ values and priorities influence decision-making processes: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Analyse the role of data, information, and intelligence in making evidence-based decisions to improve quality: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- IF6101 This module is designed to prepare students for study in third-level programmes involving mathematics: Mathematics Course Work, UOL, UK
- STAT4002 It was claimed that 60% of people wanted a regulation to ban mobile phone usage on public transport: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- The Environment Protection Agency has developed a testing programme to monitor petrol vehicle emission: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Do you agree with this sentence? “If something has a probability of 0.7 it can be expected: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Describe the type of each of the following variables. i. Pulse 1 ii. Ran iii. Activity: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- For this assessment, you are required to produce a 3000-word research briefing, which addresses the following topic: Criminology Coursework, UCL, UK
- COS5028-B Investigate UCI’s “Solar Flare Dataset” to have basic understanding of their significance and meaning: Artificial Intelligence Coursework, UOB, UK
ME7732: Demonstrate a Good Understanding of the Functions of a Robot and its Embedded Systems such as Sensors and Actuators: Mechatronic Design and Automation Coursework, KU, UK
|Mechatronic design and automation
Module Learning Outcomes
The following module learning outcomes and professional body learning outcomes are tested in this assessment:
Ø Demonstrate a good understanding of the functions of a robot and its embedded systems, such as sensors and actuators.
Ø Apply appropriate procedures to build dynamic models of robotics systems and design feedback control algorithms.
Ø Apply advanced techniques such as fuzzy logic and computer vision to optimize control in automation processes.
Assessment task and specific terms
The aim of this assignment is to extend your understanding of the main principles of robotic mechatronics systems including mechanical design, sensors, actuators, computer vision, and control strategies. Also, to integrate computer technology into a mechatronic product.
Inverted pendulum: design, model, build and control
In this part, your group will design and simulate an inverted pendulum. The figure below shows an example of balancing an inverted pendulum by moving a cart along a horizontal track. Other implementations are also possible such as the Boxingbot which combines the structure of a mobile robot and an inverted pendulum system. You can also look into other types of inverted pendulums such as the Segway or overhead crane .
You have to develop an inverted pendulum model and controller. When put into its upper equilibrium position, the pendulum will be able to autonomously balance by returning to that position after (a ‘reasonable’) amount of disturbance is applied to the pendulum.
A wide range of sensors and actuators including servo motors, gyroscope sensor, angle sensor, accelerometer, ultrasound, colour sensor and camera should be investigated
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
A. TASK 1
Mechanical design and modelling
Note: Your mechanical design will affect both the electrical and control aspects of the system. Several designs may be adopted to achieve the inverted pendulum. Any change in the physical properties of the vehicle immediately cause changes in the system behaviour.
- Provide a short literature review including sketches of some potential designs.
- Describe the kinematics of the chosen mechanical design.
- Discuss the effects of the mechanical design on the dynamics of the system (e.g. the effect of the pendulum link length and mass, the effect of motor friction compared to other sources of friction, the effect of placement of components to adjust the centre of mass, etc.).
Figure 1: Diagram of an inverted pendulum using either wheel cart 
B. TASK 2
Sensors and actuators
There are a number of different sensors that can be used to measure the disturbance, including, angle sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, ultrasound sensor, vision subsystem, light sensor and colour sensor.
- Provide investigation and document (including technical specifications) how each of the sensors works in theory.
- Compare the different sensors based on the investigation and assess their suitability for the task.
C. TASK 3
- Develop an algorithm using image processing techniques to identify the angle of disturbance to an inverted pendulum. Techniques may include image subtraction, filtering, and feature extraction such as Hough transform, colour processing or AI classification.
- Test your algorithms using both still frames with known angles and a video recording.
- Note that the default parameter settings are not necessarily the best. List the tunable parameters and explain how you set each one. Provide strategy to achieve the most accurate results.
- Comment on the accuracy and limitations of computer vision as a tool for the inverted pendulum task.
- Provide commented printouts of your m-files within the report
Modelling and Control
- Discuss the approximate linear model to describe the system (this involves taking into account relevant dimensions, weight and friction).
- Formulate a PID strategy capable of stabilising the inverted pendulum.
- Simulate in Matlab/Simulink and provide a critical discussion on the results.
- Provide the printout of commented m-files/Simulink diagrams.
- Formulate a Fuzzy logic strategy and implement it in Matlab.
- Explain the design and tuning process followed.
- Comment on the results.
- Provide the printout of the Fuzzy design.
- Compare and discuss the results with respect to task 4.
Demonstration – video programme performance test
- Record a video clip (maximum 6 minutes)including all the aspects of your design (A-E):
- Compare different designs and explain the most suitable approach
- Explain which sensors and actuators should be used for the real implementation.
- Describe your controllers and present simulations. Please note that conditions should include disturbances to be applied to the inverted pendulum that should be able to stabilise.
- Show the results of the computer vision program and explain the methodology adopted and parameter tuning.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Get the highest quality coursework writing help from native experts at StudentsAssignmentHelp.co.uk. our coursework writers have years of experience to write authentic and 100% error-free coursework solutions on engineering assignments. Hurry up and get a higher rank in Mechatronic design and automation coursework at a reasonable price.