- The UK Manufacturing UK LTD is facing an array of issues that require a sound understanding: Management Decision Making Assignment, USM, UK
- Identify sources of information and guidance about how to support a child or young person: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Explain why it is important to take full account of a child or young person’s level of understanding: Child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your understanding: Understand the Market in which an organisation operates Course Work, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand is facing today: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Explain the work and service Cambridge Analytica provided Trump’s campaign: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Write up and return a report on what you have done and what you have found out. Aim – why was this investigation carried out?: IFP CHEMISTRY Lab Assignment, UK
- AC502 Assess what is meant by an integrated health and social care system: L5 Adult Care Course Work, BCU, UK
- Assess how services are commissioned, procured, and funded: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- Analyse legislation, policy, and practices underpinning safe and fair recruitment: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Evaluate how own and others’ values and priorities influence decision-making processes: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Analyse the role of data, information, and intelligence in making evidence-based decisions to improve quality: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- IF6101 This module is designed to prepare students for study in third-level programmes involving mathematics: Mathematics Course Work, UOL, UK
- STAT4002 It was claimed that 60% of people wanted a regulation to ban mobile phone usage on public transport: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- The Environment Protection Agency has developed a testing programme to monitor petrol vehicle emission: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Do you agree with this sentence? “If something has a probability of 0.7 it can be expected: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Describe the type of each of the following variables. i. Pulse 1 ii. Ran iii. Activity: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- For this assessment, you are required to produce a 3000-word research briefing, which addresses the following topic: Criminology Coursework, UCL, UK
- COS5028-B Investigate UCI’s “Solar Flare Dataset” to have basic understanding of their significance and meaning: Artificial Intelligence Coursework, UOB, UK
David is the Managing Director of MJ Ltd, a UK company that manufactures components for the healthcare industry: Financial Management, Coursework, NU,UK
|Newcastle University (NU)
David is the Managing Director of MJ Ltd, a UK company that manufactures components for the healthcare industry. The company accountant has historically used a ‘traditional’ incremental approach to creating their budgets. However, the company accountant has suddenly resigned at a time of significant political and economic uncertainty. As a result, David has approached you to prepare the functional budgets for the forthcoming financial quarter.
Each of the departmental managers has provided David with the following information in respect to the forthcoming 3-month period
Sales in units are forecast as follows:
- Average selling price per unit: £105
- August 5,030
- September 6,525
- October 6,000
- November 5,830
- December 5,540
Opening stock of finished goods at 1stAugust are 5,300 units. In order to always meet customer demand, the sales manager demands that the closing stocks at the end of each month should equal 1.5 times the following month’s expected sales level.
Raw materials information
Each unit produced requires 5 kgs of material which they estimate will be £6 per kg, they have been purchasing all their raw materials from the same German supplier for the past 6 years. Opening stocks of raw materials at 1stAugust are 4,200kgs.The company also has a long-standing policy of increasing closing stock levels by 5% each month in order to ensure they have enough raw materials.
Each unit produced requires 4 labor hours which costs £10 per hour.
Production overheads information:
Absorbed on the basis of £2 per direct labour hour.
Administration overheads information:
Administration overheads are forecast at £10,000 for August, but expected to rise by 3% each month.
Selling overheads information:
Selling overheads have historically run at 10% of sales revenue for each month. The sales manager believes that the current average selling price per unit of £105 per unit is as high as the firm’s customers can bear at this time.
Prepare a report for David in which you:
- Prepare the functional budgets for the financial quarter August to October from the information provided above.
- Comment on your findings.
As previously mentioned, the company has always used a ‘traditional’ incremental approach towards building its budgets to plan for the future. David is now concerned that this may not be appropriate in the current turbulent political and economic environment which he believes may last for a number of years. As a result, he has also asked you for advice about how he might adopt a more flexible planning approach without losing financial control.
- Critically review the current budget preparation process
- Critically analyse the potential advantages and disadvantages of adopting a ‘beyond budgeting’ approach instead
- Provide David with a recommendation(s) for the future based on your findings
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Hire the coursework writing help UK by the Students Assignment Help UK. our coursework writers are highly experienced to write well researched and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on finance and management assignments at the lowest price.