- 21BSP070: You will draw on the concepts and analytical frameworks discussed in the module, the suggested reading, and also the wider negotiation: International Business Negotiations Coursework, LU, UK
- Suppose that a relation factory contains 800 tuples and Each tuple is comprised of a header: Database Systems Coursework, UOS, UK
- What are the advantages of performing image processing calculations in reciprocal space over real space: Biological Sciences Course Work, OBU, UK
- EG7032: A site investigation was conducted on an existing highway pavement located in a subtropical temperature environment: Highway & Railway Engineering Course Work, UOEL, UK
- The LAN will form a central part of the school’s Information Technology strategy for the next five to seven years: Computer Networking Course Work, UOB, UK
- Identify the different reasons people communicate and Explain how communication affects relationships: Health and social care Course Work, BU, UK
- What does this option approximately become when B is much much, much larger than S0: Financial Computing Course Work, UOL, UK
- MGMT7079: You have been hired as a Hospitality Consultant to assist this restaurant to review their customer service: Customer Service & Management Coursework, MTU, UK
- UMKDFG-15-M: Using relevant theories, frameworks, and concepts, analyze and evaluate the current position in which Wildland Park: Customer and International Market Analysis Coursework, UWE, UK
- CIS7015: Requires you to form teams of between three and seven members to carry out a Rapid Application Development: Team Software Development Project coursework, CMU, UK
- KB7043: A systematic understanding of knowledge that is at the forefront of modern engineering design and optimization: Multidisciplinary Design & Engineering Optimisation Coursework, NUN, UK
- LA6086: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the key features of IP law and the legal issues arising from the protection of different IP rights: Intellectual Property Law Coursework, UOEL, UK
- CSI_6_SCS: In this assignment, you have been contracted to do a penetration test on a server run by ” Honshu Consulting Enterprises Ltd.,” a small consulting enterprise primarily focusing on Business Intelligence: Systems and Cyber Security Coursework, LSBU, UK
- UMKDFG-15-M: Wildland Park is a visitor attraction in Dorset, England, on the grounds of Caster bridge Hall, a stately home near Ax minster. 80-year old Lord Wessex owns the mansion: Customer and International Market Analysis Coursework, UWE, UK
- The initial part of the coursework is a series of small exercises to compare the FEM analysis with theoretical results for problems: Soil-Structure Interaction Coursework, UOB, UK
- KB7040: Critically define aspects of sustainable development pertinent to engineering practice: Sustainable Development for Engineering Practitioners Coursework, NUN, UK
- CN7023: Complete four MATLAB Online Courses to learn Data Science skills Earn a certificate for each course: Artificial Intelligence Coursework, UOEL, UK
- UJUUKV-30-1: Demonstrate an ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in order to achieve a defined goal: Foundations for Law Coursework, UWE, UK
- Critically discuss the relationship between exchange rates, interest rates, and prices using models of exchange rate determination: Finance and Economics Coursework, UOB, UK
- 6LAW1039: Ryde Training Resources Limited RTR is a private limited company registered in England and Wales: Company Law Coursework, UOL, UK
David is the Managing Director of MJ Ltd, a UK company that manufactures components for the healthcare industry: Financial Management, Coursework, NU,UK
|University||Newcastle University (NU)|
David is the Managing Director of MJ Ltd, a UK company that manufactures components for the healthcare industry. The company accountant has historically used a ‘traditional’ incremental approach to creating their budgets. However, the company accountant has suddenly resigned at a time of significant political and economic uncertainty. As a result, David has approached you to prepare the functional budgets for the forthcoming financial quarter.
Each of the departmental managers has provided David with the following information in respect to the forthcoming 3-month period
Sales in units are forecast as follows:
- Average selling price per unit: £105
- August 5,030
- September 6,525
- October 6,000
- November 5,830
- December 5,540
Opening stock of finished goods at 1stAugust are 5,300 units. In order to always meet customer demand, the sales manager demands that the closing stocks at the end of each month should equal 1.5 times the following month’s expected sales level.
Raw materials information
Each unit produced requires 5 kgs of material which they estimate will be £6 per kg, they have been purchasing all their raw materials from the same German supplier for the past 6 years. Opening stocks of raw materials at 1stAugust are 4,200kgs.The company also has a long-standing policy of increasing closing stock levels by 5% each month in order to ensure they have enough raw materials.
Each unit produced requires 4 labor hours which costs £10 per hour.
Production overheads information:
Absorbed on the basis of £2 per direct labour hour.
Administration overheads information:
Administration overheads are forecast at £10,000 for August, but expected to rise by 3% each month.
Selling overheads information:
Selling overheads have historically run at 10% of sales revenue for each month. The sales manager believes that the current average selling price per unit of £105 per unit is as high as the firm’s customers can bear at this time.
Prepare a report for David in which you:
- Prepare the functional budgets for the financial quarter August to October from the information provided above.
- Comment on your findings.
As previously mentioned, the company has always used a ‘traditional’ incremental approach towards building its budgets to plan for the future. David is now concerned that this may not be appropriate in the current turbulent political and economic environment which he believes may last for a number of years. As a result, he has also asked you for advice about how he might adopt a more flexible planning approach without losing financial control.
- Critically review the current budget preparation process
- Critically analyse the potential advantages and disadvantages of adopting a ‘beyond budgeting’ approach instead
- Provide David with a recommendation(s) for the future based on your findings
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Hire the coursework writing help UK by the Students Assignment Help UK. our coursework writers are highly experienced to write well researched and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on finance and management assignments at the lowest price.