- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
7CO02 You are asked to make a 30-minute presentation at a local CIPD branch meeting: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
|Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
|CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment
You are asked to make a 30-minute presentation at a local CIPD branch meeting. The subject is a critical evaluation of systemic thinking and how it can help solve people management problems. What THREE key points you would make in your talk and why?
- Avoid too much theory
- A bit on the definition ie what is systemic thinking
- Some on the issues/problems that system thinking can help us overcome
- Justify your points
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
(From Study Guide)
Working inclusively and collaboratively within and across organisational boundaries; embracing difference and using diversity to improve organisational performance; building trust, sharing knowledge, experience and skills; promoting positive attitudes and collaboration. 22 ©Watson Martin 2022 When we talk about systemic thinking the best analogy of how this works in practice is to consider a car. The engine alone does not drive the car but is connected to other key parts such as electrics and fuel management, gear box, clutch and handbrake, as examples.
Every single component in a car is a system of its own, that, if it is not working, will impact on the other parts of the car from working, and overall, the car will not work effectively, if at all. For example, if the clutch cable breaks you cannot change gear, and if the brakes fail, then the car will not stop. Systemic thinking is similar to the workings of a car, but in HR practices, if the reward system is not working then this will impact the performance system; if the performance system is not working then the development system will not work, and so on. . Organisation Design and Development practitioners use models of systemic thinking as part of their work.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Differentiating between the two specialisms, organisation design is building a car (to use our earlier example) and organisational development is adding the fuel. Look at the diagram below. This is the Black box theory model or AMO model. Figure 3: Black Box Thinking (Purcell et al, 2003) Here you can see around the edges the parts of the HR system (the car components) – job security, which is linked to career opportunity. This means that employees require job security before they will think about anything else at work. Providing this job security is the first component in the system. Secondly is career opportunity and this component is linked to performance appraisal, which is where most career opportunities are identified.
So, as you can see from the arrows, that performance appraisal is linked to career opportunities but it is also linked to training and development. Again, it is likely that development needs come from an appraisal, hence the two-way link, shown by the arrows. Starting on the vertical column on the left we can see that team working comes from job challenges and job autonomy, and 23 ©Watson Martin 2022 vice versus, with job challenges and job autonomy linking to pay satisfaction.
Pay satisfaction links to recruitment and on to training and development. You can see in the model that all the systems (components) link to the AMO model in the second to left column. The ‘fuel’ to get the systems working is involvement and communication, which are also linked to team working. This is where organisational development comes into play in ensuring that the systems get the right fuel, otherwise it is pointless to have good systems that do not work. All the components and the fuel provide AMO (the ability, motivation and opportunity) to achieve performance outcomes.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Seeking assistance with your CIPD Level 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in the UK? Our assignment helper UK service is designed to support students like you.
Whether it’s preparing for a 30-minute presentation at a local CIPD branch meeting or delving into the complexities of People Management and Development Strategies, our experts are here to help. You can trust our team to guide you through the intricacies of your coursework—allowing you to excel in your CIPD studies.