- UBGMUR-15-M: Critical insight was displayed regarding the choice and application of methodologies to evaluate water quality for drinking water: Advanced Water and Wastewater Management Assignment, UOEL, UK
- The UK government has mounted one of the most aggressive economic responses to the COVID-19 pandemic: Business Management Assignment, AU, UK
- LAW6006: Spotless Cleaning Solutions Ltd is a contract cleaning company which has enjoyed fast growth over recent years: Employment Law Assignment, AU, UK
- MAN3118: You need to create a BI map, which contains some essential Key Performance Indicators for the business: Manager Decision makeing Assignment, UK
- LAW6006: Critically analyze the role and nature of the employment tribunal Is the current structure effective: Employment Law Assignment, AU, UK
- 5CO03: You have been asked by your CIPD Branch to lead a discussion at one of its events: Professional Behaviors And Valuing People Assignment, UOL, UK
- LART 1001: Is it possible to isolate from globalization and Why and why not Challenges and opportunities of Globalization: Introduction to Civics and Ethics Assignment, ASTU, UK
- MATHS4102: Effective heat transfer is essential for energy systems. In a smooth channel, heat transfer is achieved by forced convection: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UOG, UK
- 6008LBSBSC: UK Oil Plc is involved in upstream, oil exploration and production in the North Sea, United Kingdom: Strategic Corporate and Project Finance Assignment, LJMU, UK
- MAST4001: Explain two different methods to solve a quadratic equation and what is meant by a real root: Algebraic Methods Assignment, UOK, UK
- Explain any 2 Covid 19 organizational challenges and their possible solutions: Human Resources Management Assignment, QUB, UK
- Explain the importance of a holistic approach to assessment and planning of care or support: Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care Assignment, CRC, UK
- Different ideologies of education lead to different ways of looking at the curriculum, or curriculum: Developing Professional Practice Assignment, UOE, UK
- Produce a display or booklet for your setting that gives clear information on the ages and stages of a child’s development: Children’s Learning and Development Assignment, EHU, UK
- You work as a Test Engineer for a global manufacturer of electrical and mechanical components and systems: Mathematics Assignment, NUN, UK
- MT1174: You are working as a Junior Engineer for a small motor racing team and You have been given a proposed mathematical: Calculus Assignment, UOL, UK
- You are working as a tax senior in Jhon& Smith tax consultants and You have just earned your new role of tax: Taxation Assignment, OU, UK
- You will demonstrate independent thinking relating to individual case management and preparation of the perioperative environment: Storyboards Assignment, LAU, UK
- Identify an appropriate theme and title for a research project and Develop and justify a research hypothesis using relevant literature: Healthcare science Assignment, MUL, UK
- Using the role, you have decided upon for your future career, write an information sheet for someone who is considering studying: Health and Social Care Assignment, LMU, UK
PGBM01: Prepare a report for the Board of GP Electrical Plc that evaluates the performance of GP Electrical in relation to profitability liquidity gearing asset utilisation and investor potential: Finance Management & Control UOS, UK
|University||University of Sunderland|
|Subject||Finance Management & Control|
This assessment is in three parts, please answer all elements.
Please note that this is an individual assignment and the policy of the University on “Policy on Cheating, Collusion, and Plagiarism” applies.
Please write your Tutor’s name clearly on the front of the assignment.
Part A – GP Electricals Plc
You are a financial analyst at GP Electricals Plc; a public limited company specializing in manufacturing and distributing electrical generators. The Board of Directors have looked into the financial statements of the company for the last two years and have raised concerns regarding both the company’s profitability and liquidity. The financial statements of GP Electricals for the last two years are given below:
Statement of Comprehensive Income for the year ended 31 December
|Less: Cost of sales:|
|Less: Closing Inventory||(6,225)||(19,790)||(3,875)||(13,910)|
|Selling & distribution expenses||8,135||4,380|
|Bad debts are written off||1,040||(11,275)||565||(5,935)|
|Less: Interest payable||(1,690)||(380)|
|Profit before tax||5,795||9,725|
|Less: Income tax||(900)||(1,920)|
|Profit after tax||4,895||7,805|
|Less: Dividends paid||(2,100)||(2,100)|
|Retained profit for the year||2,795||5,705|
|Statement of Financial Position as of 31 December|
|Non-current assets (net)||£000||£000||£000||£000|
|Land and building||24,590||19,280|
|Net current assets||3,645||2,560|
|Ordinary shares of £1 each||26,035||24,330|
Prepare a report for the Board of GP Electrical Plc. that evaluates the performance of GP Electrical in relation to profitability, liquidity, gearing, asset utilisation, and investor potential. Your report must be supported by the calculation of relevant ratios in the five evaluation areas mentioned above.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
- Calculate the Working Capital Cycle in days for GP Electrical Plc based on the information above, assuming 365 days, for the years 2019 and 2018 AND briefly comment on the company’s liquidity position in 2019 compared to 2018. (round to the
- Critically evaluate the limitations of using ratio analysis for both cross-sectional andnearestday) time-series comparisons.
All calculations should be clearly shown including all appropriate workings and should be made to the nearest £000 or two decimal places where required.
Total for Part A: 40%
Part B – Venmac Ltd
Venmac Ltd is specialized in producing and selling ventilator machines. In 2019, the
|manufacturing cost per unit included:||£|
|Direct labour (20 minutes per unit)||15/hour|
|Variable manufacturing overhead||20|
|Variable selling expenses||15|
|Variable administrative expenses||10|
|Fixed costs for the year ended 31 December 2020 were:||£000|
|Fixed selling and distribution||2,850|
The company produced and sold 45,000 units at £300 per unit.
In 2019, management has decided to increase the selling price by 20% and to maintain the same contribution margin ratio as last year. This increase in price is to meet an increase of £1,450,000 in fixed costs in 2019. The company has produced and sold the same quantity in 2020 as last year.
- Calculate the break-even point and margin of safety in both units and revenue for the two years, 2019 and 2020, and briefly analyze the results.
- Critically evaluate the key assumptions that underpin the break-even model, assessing and analyzing whether the model can be applied within the context of today’s global business environment.
Total for Part BAll calculations should be clearly shown including all appropriate workings and should be made to the nearest £000 or two decimal places where required.
- Financial managers can fund potential investments and expansion plans by accessing a range of different sources of finance. Explain and critically evaluate a single source of both internal and external finance that could be used by companies to finance further investment programs.
- (Hall, Lovallo and Musters, 2012)“Most companies allocate the same resources to the same business units year after year. That makes it difficult to realize strategic goals and undermines performance”.
Critically evaluate the use of zero-based budgeting as a means of addressing the above problem in a challenging business environment. You are encouraged to use illustrative examples, to support your discussion.
Total for Part C:
- To obtain a high mark, you should
- Make your report concise, precise and well presented and structured
- Draw logical conclusions from accounting information;
- Synthesize information in a coherent and useful way;
- Show evidence of key text and background reading;
- Incorporate your knowledge into an integrated piece of work;
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of financial management.
- A Harvard standard referencing is required for the report
Searching for finest report writing service for (PGBM01) Finance management & control? StudentsAssignmentHelp.co.uk house of experienced report writers who offer well-researched and formatted reports on management and finance assignments at a very low price.