- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
MAS8403:You are to produce a report which comprises of an exploratory data analysis of the data on your sample of 100 penguins :Statistical Foundations of Data Science Report, NU, UK
|Newcastle University (NU)
|MAS8403 : Statistical Foundations of Data Science
The Palmer Station located in the Palmer Archipelago on Anvers Island, Antarctica, has been monitoring the ecology of the Palmer Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) study area for over 50 years. You can see what’s going on at the Palmer Station currently by clicking here. Being on Antarctica, naturally one of their keen interests is monitoring the local penguin population from which they record data in order to understand their population dynamics, responses to changing climate etc
The palmerpenguins dataset contains data measured on 333 penguins from the Palmer Archipelago. The variables observed are:
• species: The species of the penguin (Adelie, Chinstrap or Gentoo)
• island: The island on which the penguin lives (Biscoe, Dream or Torgerson)
• bill length mm: The length of the penguin’s bill (in millimetres)
• bill depth mm: The depth of the penguin’s bill (in millimetres)
• flipper length mm: The length of the penguin’s flipper (in millimetres)
• body mass g: The penguin’s body mass (in grams)
• sex: The sex of the penguin (male or female)
• year: The year the measurements were taken
Installing the Data
Install the palmerpenguins package and access the data
install.packages(“palmerpenguins”) # You only need to do this once
penguins = na.omit(penguins) # Removes missing rows
Run the following code to access your unique subset of the penguin dataset
my.student.number = 123456789 # Replace this with your student number
my.penguins = penguins[sample(nrow(penguins), 100), ]
the object my.penguins now contains the data on your 100 penguins.
You are to produce a report which comprises of an exploratory data analysis of the data on your sample of 100 penguins. In this exploratory analysis you should include appropriate graphical and numerical summaries for your data, ensuring all summaries/figures are suitably discussed in the report.
We would like to be able to use this sample of data to estimate probabilities/ proportions for the penguin population in general. One way to do this is to fit a probability distribution to our sample,and use this distribution to estimate probabilities/proportions for the population. For at least one of the measurement variables (bill length, bill depth, flipper length and body mass) choose an appropriate probability distribution to represent the variable, and
find estimates for the parameters of the distribution for your data. Comment on the accuracy of your distribution, and whether you feel this is a good method for estimating population proportions.
Sexing (i.e. determining the sex) of a penguin can often be very difficult without causing distress to the penguin. Researchers at the Palmer station would like to be able to estimate the sex of a penguin from measurement data, thereby avoiding the need for invasive procedures. From your data, which variables appear to be the best at distinguishing between male and female
penguins? How reliable do you think they would be at identifying the sex of a penguin?
Similarly, evolutionary biologists are interested in knowing if there is a significant difference in the physical characteristics of penguins living on different islands. From your data, does the island the penguin is from appear to have a significant impact on any of its physical characteristics?
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Our master’s degree and Ph.D. degree experts offer report-writing services on MAS8403: Statistical Foundations of Data Science. we have a pool of capable report writers who produce detailed reports on statistics assignments and management assignments at the most reasonable price.