- Using reliable sources, define academic skills and explain why it is important to master these skills: Kamila Assignment, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand: Marketing Assignment, UWL, UK
- NL5108 Apply a comprehensive understanding of health improvement strategies across: Collaborative Working for Health and Well-being in Learning Disability Nursing Assignment, KUL, UK
- LAW1901 Offering legal opinions or advice is an activity that constitute the practice of law: Law Office Management Assignment, UK
- BM7060 Specifically, students should use the SOSTAC process to reidentify and develop the following: Digital marketing practice Report, NU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the system of Fig 9.1 using only digital logic gates for the active components such as: Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Redesign the delay timer system of Fig 9.1 using only discrete components (Eg. transistors: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- ENGR4035 Simulate the system shown in Fig 9.1 using Multisim. Initially set the Variable voltage source VB=1.5V: Basic Electrical Engineering Assignment, OBU, UK
- W77576A Kodey Lopez has asked you to justify the recommendations you have made for the charity in Activities 2 and 3: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Huggson Animal Rescue requires policies to communicate how IT should be used in the charity: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- W77576A Produce a report for Kodey Lopez evaluating how IT infrastructure could be used to meet: Information Technology Assignment, UK
- Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice: CACHE LEVEL 5 Assignment, UK
- Describe the models of conflict management and conflict resolution 1490: Conflict Management Assignment, UOW, UK
- Describe different communication skills, methods and models: Communication Assignment, UOW, UK
- Discuss the benefits and potential hazards of using technology in communications for organizations: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Understand the role of communication in effective health and social care practice: Health and social care Assignment, OU, UK
- Critically discuss how the effective promotion of greater equality, diversity, and inclusion in organizations: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Critically evaluate theory and practice in the fields of corporate social responsibility: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Evaluate policy and practice aimed at improving employee well-being in an organization: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
- Propose initiatives aimed at improving an organisation’s ethics and values: CIPD Level 7 Strategic People Management Assignment, UK
Identify and analyse any legal claims that may arise in the below scenario, using UK law and case authority: law of contract Course Work, OU, UK
|The Open University (OU)
|law of contract Course Work
Identify and analyse any legal claims that may arise in the below scenario, using UK law and case authority; Antonio Ramsey runs a successful Italian restaurant business (Antonio’s) in Canonbury. His restaurant provides in-person dining; takeaway; and delivered food. Due to its popularity, Antonio increased the size of the business in 2022.
At that time he wanted to guarantee his supplies of genuine Italian pasta, so entered into a 3-year contract with Italian Wholesale Foods Ltd (IWF), guaranteeing that they would supply a set minimum quantity of pasta per week, if required. As part of the contract, Antonio promised during the contractual period to only buy genuine Italian pasta from IWF. A year after entering into the contract, in June 2023, IWF informed Antonio that due to price rises of key ingredients it would immediately be increasing the price of pasta by 50%.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Furthermore, it said that in 3 months time due to global shortages of pasta it would no longer be able to guarantee the set minimum supply. Antonio was furious, and believing he might get his pasta elsewhere, phoned IWF saying he was terminating the contract and would be suing IWF. A clause in the contract between Antonio’s and IWF stated, ‘In the event that either the price of Italian eggs or wheat rises by over 10%, IWF is entitled to pass on to its customers the full additional costs that it incurs.’
As part of the expansion of his business in 2022, Antonio also had all of his IT upgraded, entering into a contract with large IT service provider – IT R-US, for new equipment, servicing, and the provision of regular software updates. Unfortunately, in 2023 following one software update, the order system fell into chaos for a week, whilst IT R-US tried to fix it. Antonio estimated that this caused him to lose £10K worth of business. IT R-US refused to pay him for the loss pointing to a clause in the standard form contract which he had signed, which stated, ‘We will use our best endeavours to rectify any problems that occur from the IT equipment or software that we provide, but we will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by our clients.
During the week when the software problems occurred, one customer, Tina, had ordered food for her 50th birthday party. Her order got mixed up and she didn’t receive anything from Antonio’s, so instead hurriedly had to spend an additional £300 getting emergency food from another supplier. She was left very distressed.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Seeking assistance with Law of Contract Course Work at The Open University (OU) in the UK? Look no further! Our specialized services offer dedicated assignment help UK for students analyzing legal claims using UK law and case authority. When it comes to coursework, our expertise shines as the Best Coursework Writing Services in UK. Trust our experts to guide you through your studies, ensuring success in your Law of Contract Course Work at OU, UK.