- What are the macroeconomic paradoxes?: Macro Economics Assignment, SOAS, UK
- A service user who left home at 16 and struggled emotionally and financially suffered a psychotic breakdown at the age of 19: Nursing BSC Assignment, MUL, UK
- You represent a cost consultancy and your client, a large public body, is unsure about the tendering process: Quantity Surveying Assignment, UOG, UK
- Prepare the journals for the year-end adjustments, show all your workings, and state any assumptions: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, Uk
- Prepare the journals for the transactions that occurred during the year but have not yet been accounted for: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, UK
- The Pearson-set theme for use with Level 5 Unit 19: Research Project is Corporate Social Responsibility: Research Project Assignment, BIC, UK
- 7CO02 “The challenge facing the profession is best characterised by the common expression, ‘I’m a people person: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- People Management (21 April 2023 ) reported that “Almost half of HR professionals claim they are dealing: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- 7CO02 Explain the view that high-performance work practices benefit both employers and employees: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 7CO02 You are asked to make a 30-minute presentation at a local CIPD branch meeting: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 5HR03 Evaluate the principles of reward and its importance to organisational culture and performance management: Reward for Performance and Contribution Assignment, UOB, UK
- A metal bar 20 Ci in diameter was subjected to a compressed load of 800 KN and, measured decreases: unit 36 advanced mechanical principles Assignment, UOL, UK
- A wing section structure is in the form of a two-cell box in which the vertical spars are connected to the wing: Structural design and Care Assignment, US, UK
- Explain the role of leadership and management skills in adult care settings/services: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adults Care Assignment, DC, UK
- Analyse and evaluate the 2 key internal factors and 2 key external factors impacting: Talent Management Assignment, UCL, UK
- CRITICAL REVIEW OF A HEALTH INEQUALITIES REPORT (2500 words): FOUNDATION OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IN NURSING Assignment, UOL, UK
- Identify and analyse any legal claims that may arise in the below scenario, using UK law and case authority: law of contract Course Work, OU, UK
- Perform a PESTEL analysis for the chosen business: Context of Business Report Assignment, UOS, UK
- 7CO02 Examine the merits of different models of people practice management, linking them with effective business performance: CIPD-L7 Assignment, Uk
- 7CO02 Critically evaluate models of systemic thinking and how they underpin the interconnective nature of people practice work: CIPD-L7 Assignment, UK
B50EM: Compare and contrast the design principles for wind turbines and tidal turbines. Your review should focus on the sizing: Advanced Mechanics of Materials I Assignment, HWU, UK
|University||Heriot-Watt University (HWU)|
|Subject||B50EM: Advanced Mechanics of Materials I|
Part 1 – Review of Energy-Generating Turbine Blade Design
Compare and contrast the design principles for wind turbines and tidal turbines. Your review should focus on the sizing, geometric design, and materials of construction of the blades and should consider the changes in the design dictated by the different types of loading involved.
Part 2: Analytical design
Use two simple models of a blade, assuming it to be a rectangular sheet with either one end or the edge fixed, as illustrated in Figure. Stack the upper and lower surfaces of sector 2 on top of each other to make a single laminate.
Fig. A- Simplified flap-wise model of Sector 2
Fig. B- Simplified edgewise model of Sector 2
Using a [0/45/90/-45]2s lay-up carbon fiber epoxy laminate for the two surfaces stacked together, determine appropriate values of Vf and thickness for the plies to ensure that the composite meets the design deflections under the anticipated peak current loading4 and meets the Tsai-Hill strength criterion with an appropriate factor of safety. Carry out the calculation for each model, and select the lay-up that you consider is the more appropriate of the two.
Part 3: Numerical design
Using the orthotropic modulus from Part 1, build FE model of the simplified configurations you used (Figures A and B) and validate your flapwise and edgewise deflections under the maximum current loading that you used in Part 1. Next, using the material that you designed in Part 1, apply both the edge and end fixities simultaneously. Again, apply the maximum current loading and determine the resulting edgewise and flapwise deflections. Reserve your comments on this result for Part 4.
Part 4: Damage mechanics and fatigue
Using the orthotropic modulus and simplified model from Part 1, but using selected values of mid-surface curvature from Part 2, assess the fatigue life of the blade, assuming an R-ratio of -1, and what you consider to be an appropriate value of stress range. Use the Goodman diagram given in Figure.
Make suggestions for changes to your material design and suggest a full-scale fatigue testing regime for a prototype blade.
Goodman diagram for [0/45/90/-45]2s carbon fibre epoxy laminate
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Looking for a coursework writing service that delivers quality work at an affordable price? Look no further than StudentsAssignmentHelp.co.uk! Our assignment writing experts will provide tailored solutions to meet all your academic needs, enabling you to achieve success without breaking the bank.