- EFIMM0058 Antonio may have a claim against IWF for breaching the contract by unilaterally increasing: understanding customers, consumers, and markets Assignment, UOB, UK
- What are the macroeconomic paradoxes?: Macro Economics Assignment, SOAS, UK
- A service user who left home at 16 and struggled emotionally and financially suffered a psychotic breakdown at the age of 19: Nursing BSC Assignment, MUL, UK
- You represent a cost consultancy and your client, a large public body, is unsure about the tendering process: Quantity Surveying Assignment, UOG, UK
- Prepare the journals for the year-end adjustments, show all your workings, and state any assumptions: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, Uk
- Prepare the journals for the transactions that occurred during the year but have not yet been accounted for: Accounting and finance Course Work, UOW, UK
- The Pearson-set theme for use with Level 5 Unit 19: Research Project is Corporate Social Responsibility: Research Project Assignment, BIC, UK
- 7CO02 “The challenge facing the profession is best characterised by the common expression, ‘I’m a people person: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- People Management (21 April 2023 ) reported that “Almost half of HR professionals claim they are dealing: CIPD Level 7 7CO02 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, CIPD, UK
- 7CO02 Explain the view that high-performance work practices benefit both employers and employees: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 7CO02 You are asked to make a 30-minute presentation at a local CIPD branch meeting: CIPD Level 7 People Management and Development Strategies for Performance Assignment, UK
- 5HR03 Evaluate the principles of reward and its importance to organisational culture and performance management: Reward for Performance and Contribution Assignment, UOB, UK
- A metal bar 20 Ci in diameter was subjected to a compressed load of 800 KN and, measured decreases: unit 36 advanced mechanical principles Assignment, UOL, UK
- A wing section structure is in the form of a two-cell box in which the vertical spars are connected to the wing: Structural design and Care Assignment, US, UK
- Explain the role of leadership and management skills in adult care settings/services: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adults Care Assignment, DC, UK
- Analyse and evaluate the 2 key internal factors and 2 key external factors impacting: Talent Management Assignment, UCL, UK
- CRITICAL REVIEW OF A HEALTH INEQUALITIES REPORT (2500 words): FOUNDATION OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IN NURSING Assignment, UOL, UK
- Identify and analyse any legal claims that may arise in the below scenario, using UK law and case authority: law of contract Course Work, OU, UK
- Perform a PESTEL analysis for the chosen business: Context of Business Report Assignment, UOS, UK
- 7CO02 Examine the merits of different models of people practice management, linking them with effective business performance: CIPD-L7 Assignment, Uk
ACFI3422: Keener Ltd is a UK company that manufactures water bottles, it is one of the largest suppliers of these water bottles in the UK today: Liquidity and Risk Assignment, DMU, UK
|University||De Montfort University (DMU)|
|Subject||ACFI3422: Liquidity and Risk|
Keener Ltd is a UK company that manufactures water bottles, it is one of the largest suppliers of these water bottles in the UK today. It has a year-end of 30th of November. The liquidity ratios have been calculated for the previous 2 years: –
Keener has forecast the following for the year ended 30th of November 2022:
Sales to increase to £8 million for the year to come.
Receivables are forecast to be £1,150,000.
The cost of financing receivables is covered by an overdraft at the interest rate of 5% p.a.
Keener is now considering offering a cash discount of 0.5% for payment of debts within 20 days. It is expected that 25% of customers will take up the discount.
Keener is also trying to find the optimum order quantity for its inventory. The monthly demand for its inventory which costs £2.30 per unit is 80,000 units per month. The cost per order is currently £1.25. The holding cost of 1 unit p.a. is £1.
Keener’s suppliers have offered a discount of 0.5% per unit for orders of 2,000 units or more.
Keener has a constant demand for cash totaling £5,000,000 p.a. It can replenish its current account by selling a constant amount of gilts which are held as an investment earning 3% p.a. The cost per sale of gilts is a fixed £8 per sale.
The management of Keener has also considered using the Miller-Orr model of cash management. They have considered a lower limit of £1,000,000, the standard deviation of the daily cash flows is £40,000 and it will cost £12 per transaction to transfer money to or from the bank. The interest rate is 3% p.a.
Keener has forecast the following for the year ended, 30th of November 2023:
Sales are forecast to be £8.85m for the year ahead.
Receivables are forecast to be £1,010,000.
The cost of financing receivables remains the same.
Monthly demand for its inventory remains the same but the cost has increased to £2.65 per unit. The cost per order has increased to £1.48. The storage cost of 1 unit p.a. is £0.55.
All details remain the same, except the annual demand for cash is now £6,350,000.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Tasks for evaluation
The managers of Keener want you to evaluate the company’s liquidity position. To help you to do this, consider the following:
Section A – Calculations
Calculate the following: –
- The benefit (or otherwise) of offering a discount of 0.23% for payment of the debt within 16 days. Take up for this discount is predicted to be 27%.
- The optimum quantity of inventory to order is if the suppliers now offer a discount of 0.30% per unit for orders of 2,600 units or more. Keener’s Cost of Capital is 17%.
- The lower limit, upper limit, and return point (from the Miller-Orr model) for Keener if the standard deviation of cash flows is £42,000 per day and briefly explain how this approach works.
Section B – Evaluation
- Using the working capital ratios for 2021 and 2022 critically evaluate the liquidity position of Keener.
- If Keener was facing a cash flow problem, critically evaluate whether they should enter a factoring arrangement, instead of offering an early payment discount.
- Explain how the one-bin and two-bin systems work and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each system.
In places where diagrams would assist your answer, they should be used. Any words used to label the diagrams are excluded from the word count.
Are You Looking for UK Assignment Help? We’ll assist you with, UK No. 1 assignment services at the most affordable price. Just request us “do my assignment cheap” and we’ll provide you with the best assignment help for you.