5HR01:You are the newly appointed people practice professional at REBU, an organization operating globally within the gig economy: Employment relationship management, Assessment, ALL,UK
|University||AVADO Learning Limited (ALL)|
|Subject||5HR01: Employment Relationship Management|
You are the newly appointed people practice professional at REBU, an organization operating globally within the gig economy. REBU offer users the facility to arrange and schedule transport using their mobile application software. Currently the organization offers transportation and food delivery
services across the globe.
Its main offices are based in Austin, however it has offices in 75 locations across the world with most being in the USA. Over the last 12 months, REBU has seen its profits rise by 54%, mainly in the food delivery sector. One of the emerging trends is sustainability and moving to more electric transport with an objective to have zero-emissions within the next 10 years.
REBU have been successful, particularly in the last 12 months. However retention of staff is a problem, with turnover increasing by 5% every quarter. During exit interviews, some of the key reasons stated for leaving are working conditions and wages.
To achieve its aims and objectives REBU need to review the employment relationship to create better working lives which
would result in less turnover and more successful organizational performance.
Preparation for Tasks:
- At the start of the assignment, you are encouraged to plan your assessment work with your assessor and, where appropriate, agree milestones so they can help you monitor your progress.
- Refer to the indicative content in the unit guide and support your
- Pay attention to how your evidence is presented. Remember, you are
working in the people development team for this task.
- Ensure that the evidence generated for this assessment remains your
You will also benefit from:
- Acting on formative feedback from your assessor.
- Reflecting on your own experiences of learning opportunities, training
and continuing professional development.
- Taking advantage of the CIPD factsheets, reports and podcasts, and
any other online material on these topics.
Task 1 – Briefing paper to the Board of Directors
You have been asked by the Board of Directors to produce a briefing paper which outlines how REBU can improve employee engagement.
- A review of emerging developments to approaches to employee voice and engagement and it must provide:
- Three recommendations on how REBU can improve approaches to employee voice and engagement based on your review. The recommendations must include clear and actionable justifications
- A critical evaluation of the interrelationship between employee voice and organizational performance focusing on high-performance work practices
- An assessment of surveys, suggestion schemes and team meetings as approaches that can be used drive employee engagement
- A discussion of the differences between employee involvement and employee participation and how these can be used to build effective employment relationships within REBU
- A conclusion explaining the concept and design of better working lives in order that REBU to promote good physical and mental health work practices
Task 2 – Training session (presentation pack and supporting notes)
Design a short training session for the line managers of REBU, addressing how they can manage conflict in the workplace. Your presentation pack and supporting notes should include:
An explanation as to the differences between organizational conflict, misbehavior and what is meant by informal and informal conflict (AC2.1) and an analysis of the key causes of employee grievance within REBU (AC3.2).
- An explanation of at least two skills required to successfully handle grievances and disciplinaries at work and the importance of handling these effectively so REBU can avoid legal claims (AC3.3, 3.4).
- A table, outlining one official and one unofficial action an employee might take during conflict, explaining their key features and distinguishing between them (AC2.2).
- An assessment of the emerging trends in conflicts and industrial sanctions
- A distinction of the following three methods (conciliation, mediation and arbitration) that REBU can use to resolve conflict formally before it escalates to an employment tribunal. Include similarities, differences and key features of your two chosen methods (AC2.4).
- An explanation of the principles of the key legislation relating to unfair dismissal law and outline the process an employer should follow with regard to with capability and misconduct issues within REBU (AC3.1)
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Students Assignment Help UK always offers the do my assignment for me service to all university and college students. Our experts have more than 10 years of experience to make perfect solutions for the 5HR01: Employment Relationship Management assignment at a fair price.