5CO01: You are a member of the People Practice team for a company, BMC that has recently purchased a large contemporary city center licensed food premises in Manchester: Organisational Performance and Culture in Practice Assignment, Arden University, UK
|Subject||5CO01: Organisational Performance and Culture in Practice|
You are a member of the People Practice team for a company, BMC that has recently purchased a large contemporary city center licensed food premises in Manchester adding to its growing portfolio of acquisitions in Leeds, London, Nottingham, and Glasgow.
You have been asked to assist in preparing the managers for their forthcoming Strategic Management Planning meeting on implementing the new business strategy, by providing them with a presentation and a written report.
Currently, the company operates a strict centralized policy to all its premises but during the COVID19 lockdown, the CEO considers that the previous business strategy needs addressing and is open to new ideas and approaches to improve the business once trading resumes.
The CEO of BMC is also fully aware that the focus of the business has all too often neglected the people side of the business and is conscious that BMC has a legacy of high staff turnover and low employee satisfaction.
Previously, response to this has not been high on the company’s agenda and the CEO is keen for the management team to appreciate the connections between organisational structure, strategy, and the wider business environment and gain an understanding of organisational culture, behaviour, and how people practices support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
Preparation for the Tasks:
- Refer to the indicative content in the unit to guide and support your evidence.
- Pay attention to how your evidence is presented, remember you are working in the People Practice Team for this task.
- Ensure that the evidence generated for this assessment remains your own work. You will also benefit from:
- Reflecting on your own experiences of learning opportunities and training and continuing professional development.
- Reading the CIPD Insight, Fact Sheets and related online material on these topics. Don’t forget to:
- Complete the front cover sheet and place at the front of your assessment.
- Use the bullet points below each task as headings and sub-headings so your marker can see where your answer begins.
Task One – Strategic Planning Meeting Report
As your report is being prepared for a formal senior management meeting, it should be written in a formal business report format and style.
Your report is to be provided to BMC’s forthcoming Strategic Management Planning meeting where the main priority is to discuss implementing the new business strategy.
The team is made up of mainly operational managers who have limited knowledge and understanding of the connections between organizational structure, strategy, and the wider business environment so the CEO has asked that your report should include an understanding of the connections between organizational structure, strategy, and the business operating environment. The report must therefore include:
an evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of two different types of organisational structures in different types of organizations, the range of products, services, and customers associated with each, and how they link to organizational purpose. (AC 1.1)
- an analysis of the way in which organizational strategy should be linked to products, services, customers, and revenue (AC 1.2)
- an analysis of the current and ongoing impact on organizations of the range of external factors and trends. (AC 1.3)
- an assessment of two current issues and causes that identify key priorities within organizations that will affect product/service delivery, and the impact this may have on people’s practice and solutions. (AC 1.4 & AC 3.3)
- an explanation of the ways in which people practices can impact organizational systems and structures, and therefore affect the effective employment, management, and development of people (AC1.5)
- an exploration of the impact that technology has on people, work and working practices, and the current and emerging scale of the use of technology within organizations. (AC 1.6)
Task Two – Presentation Pack
The CEO has also asked you to prepare a presentation to the managers prior to their formal Strategic Management Planning meeting to position them for their meeting.
The focus is to give a theoretical understanding of organizational culture and workplace behavior and how people practices should support the achievement of business goals and objectives. The presentation pack needs to include presentation slides and supporting notes. The presentation must include:
- an explanation of the principles of different approaches, theories, and models of organisational and human behavior that illustrate the factors that can influence how individuals, groups, and teams contribute to organizational success.
- an identification of the main drivers of change in organizations, and using at least two established models, an explanation of how people might experience change.
- an explanation of the steps that can be taken to increase diversity and inclusion in your work, and the implications for a positive and inclusive culture of not taking these steps
- using examples from your experience and current good practice concepts, an explanation of the positive and negative ways in which people practices can affect organizational culture and behaviors.
- an assessment of the importance of wellbeing in the workplace and identification of the different factors affecting wellbeing that can impact physically and psychologically and upon relationships, affecting health, commitment, and performance.
- a critical evaluation of your experience of work and how this illustrates and supports the concept and principles of employee lifecycle
- explains both the strategic and operational links and support between people practice and other organizational functions.
- explores the principles of different approaches for engaging with internal customers to establish their needs
- explains the key components of project planning strategies that can be used for ensuring projects are delivered in line with customer requirements.
It is essential that you refer to academic concepts, theories, and professional practice for the tasks to ensure that your work is supported by analysis. Please ensure that any references and sources are drawn upon are acknowledged correctly and supported by a bibliography
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Avail of the best quality CIPD assignment help to score higher rank in your Arden University assignment. We have developed a team of talented and skilled experts who provide original and error-free solutions on 5CO01: Organisational Performance and Culture in Practice Assignment as per your university guidelines.