- The UK Manufacturing UK LTD is facing an array of issues that require a sound understanding: Management Decision Making Assignment, USM, UK
- Identify sources of information and guidance about how to support a child or young person: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Explain why it is important to take full account of a child or young person’s level of understanding: Child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- Understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse: child care diploma level 3 Course Work, OU, UK
- The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your understanding: Understand the Market in which an organisation operates Course Work, UK
- Facebook continues to face major ethical and legal challenges. What challenges Facebook brand is facing today: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Explain the work and service Cambridge Analytica provided Trump’s campaign: Marketing Course Work, UOL, UK
- Write up and return a report on what you have done and what you have found out. Aim – why was this investigation carried out?: IFP CHEMISTRY Lab Assignment, UK
- AC502 Assess what is meant by an integrated health and social care system: L5 Adult Care Course Work, BCU, UK
- Assess how services are commissioned, procured, and funded: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- Analyse legislation, policy, and practices underpinning safe and fair recruitment: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Evaluate how own and others’ values and priorities influence decision-making processes: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- AC502 Analyse the role of data, information, and intelligence in making evidence-based decisions to improve quality: Decision-Making and Managing Resources and Businesses in Care Settings Course Work, BCU, UK
- IF6101 This module is designed to prepare students for study in third-level programmes involving mathematics: Mathematics Course Work, UOL, UK
- STAT4002 It was claimed that 60% of people wanted a regulation to ban mobile phone usage on public transport: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- The Environment Protection Agency has developed a testing programme to monitor petrol vehicle emission: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Do you agree with this sentence? “If something has a probability of 0.7 it can be expected: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- Describe the type of each of the following variables. i. Pulse 1 ii. Ran iii. Activity: foundation maths Course Work, UO, UK
- For this assessment, you are required to produce a 3000-word research briefing, which addresses the following topic: Criminology Coursework, UCL, UK
- COS5028-B Investigate UCI’s “Solar Flare Dataset” to have basic understanding of their significance and meaning: Artificial Intelligence Coursework, UOB, UK
EENG8760: This stretch of river can be modeled using a pure time delay model The transfer function of a pure time delay model in the Laplace: Advanced Control Systems Coursework, UOK, UK
|University of kent (UOK)
|EENG8760: Advanced Control Systems
(a) This stretch of river can be modeled using a pure time delay model. The transfer function of a pure time delay model in the Laplace domain is given by
Let the time delay be r = 25 hours and assume the sampling interval, 7’s= 5 hours. Obtain the discrete state-space representation for this pure time delay model. State clearly the A, B, C, and D matrices. Show your detailed calculation.
(b) After you have obtained the discrete state-space model, augment the plant with the disturbance model using the following equations.
with 0 and I am respectively zero and identity matrices of appropriate size.
(a) In Figure 1, the discrete transfer function of the integral controller, C(z) used to regulate the flow at Casey’s Weir is given by
Let K, = 0.05, obtain the discrete state-space representation of this integral controller. Label the integral controller’s matrices as A1<, BK, CK, and DK.
(b) The city council require that the flow at Gowangardie Weir must be maintained at a minimum flow of 0.3m3/s for environmental purposes.
Suppose that the base flow of this river reach is at 0.6m3/s. Using the provided Simulink file, “Simulink ReachCG.sli’, let us assume farmers located close to Gowangardie Weir have a requirement to withdraw water from 105 hours onwards at 0.4 m3/s.
The integral controller is given in Question 2a) is to be used to restore the flow at Gowangardie Weir.
(a) Given the imposed flow constraint, a Model Predictive Controller (MPC) has been proposed to replace the integral controller, as MPC has the potential to yield improved performance in the presence of constraints.
However, tuning the weighting matrices in the MPC cost function is often non-trivial.
One method to obtain the weighting matrices is to solve an inverse optimal control problem. In other words, we select a favorite controller Krav that is easy to tune and subsequently obtain MPC weighting matrices that can mimic Kfav by solving the inverse optimal control problem.
Using the full order observer method introduced in 7165MAA lecture week 5, obtain the weighting matrices (i.e. Q. R and S) that reproduce Kfav, i.e. the integral-controller given in Question 2 a). Show your detailed calculation.
(b) Run your updated “mpc ReachCG.nt, to design the MPC controller using the MPC weighting matrices obtained using the full state observer method, as computed in Question 3(a). Use a prediction horizon of 10. Compare and comment on the results of the MPC controller with those obtained using the integral controller simulated in Question 2(b), in the absence of constraints.
(c) Impose the output flow constraint set by the city council given in Question 2(b) in your MPC simulation. Critically assess and compare the performance of the MPC and I controllers.
(d) For MPC, in the presence of the output flow constraint, critically assess and compare the performance for the prediction horizon parameter set to 2, 5, and 10.
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Looking for the best assignment writing online on EENG8760: Advanced Control Systems? then consult the experts of Students Assignment Help UK where our brilliant experts assist you to provide error-free and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on BTEC Assignment Help at a most reasonable price.