COMP6430: If the company you work for has unethical practices, such as selling client data without permission or offering services: Computing Law and Professional Responsibility Essay, UOK, UK
|University of kent (UOK)
|COMP6430: Computing Law and Professional Responsibility
If the company you work for has unethical practices, such as selling client data without permission or offering services that are not as secure as advertised to their clients, or the senior staff are aware of vulnerabilities in systems that could be hacked but do nothing about it, what are the ethical issues and what should you do?
You may choose whichever profession you wish, as long as it is in the IT sector in the UK. Please remember the following:
- Your work must be your own work. If your work is found to be authored by another person, it will be investigated!
- Reference your work according to the Harvard Referencing style.
- Your work will be submitted via Turnitin on submission.
- WORD COUNT FOR THE REPORT IS NO MORE THAN 3000 WORDS. References are not part of the word count.
- YOU ARE EXPECTED TO FOLLOW THE REPORT STRUCTURE STRICTLY ANY DEVIATION FROM THE REPORT STRUCTURE WILL MEAN YOU WILL NOT BE MARKED FOR WORK DONE OUTSIDE OF THAT.
- If you miss out on any section you will lose marks.
The introduction must provide a brief overview of the essay, introducing the issue profession and the key issues you need to address.
Professional and Ethical Issues
The issues here would be how you deal with issues such as confidentiality, integrity, privacy, and what happens if you see something illegal? You will be expected in this section to have done some research into these issues, and some references from books and journals will be expected.
What are the ethical issues and give your analysis? Use the framework of positive and negative rights and other concepts in ethics where appropriate. You will be expected in this section to have done some research into these issues, and some references from books and journals will be expected.
Reflection and Challenges
Write a long paragraph on how working professionally and ethically with sensitive data will
challenge you when you go into the workplace. What will be the biggest challenge and how will you deal with it?
Do You Need Assignment of This Question